1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Hoontech DSP2000 C-Port anyone heard of or use it?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by aka PUNK&DONUTS, Jan 9, 2002.

1. aka PUNK&DONUTS

aka PUNK&DONUTS Guest

Jan 9, 2002
    Australia,
    I was wondering what people have heard about this sound card and if any of you use it. The reviews I have read on the net on it are fairly good so I was just wondering about it's total effectiveness and so therefore put the specs up. I would be much obliged if anyone who owns one could give me their lowdown on it. Thanks.

Specifications
    Features:
    - 10 x 10 24-bit/96kHz 100% Full-Duplex recording path support
    - 2 x balanced (XLR) inputs with built in pre-amps (-24dB to +50dB) & switchable phantom power (48V)
    - 2 x balanced (XLR) outputs
    - 8 x 1/4" unbalanced inputs
    - 8 x 1/4" unbalanced outputs
    - coaxial and optical & AES/EBU I/O connections as standard
    - stereo headphone output with volume control (1/4" connector)
    - 2 x 16 channel (32 channels) MIDI interface ports provided (2 outputs, 1 input)
    - peak LED for channel 1&2
    - up to four PCI cards can be sample accurate sync linked (40 channel I/O)
    - internal or external sync supported (external can be set via the S/PDIF input)
    - 44pin H-BUS interface connector available
    - 22kHz~99kHz frequency rates supported
    - direct monitoring for input signals (zero latency, by hardware)
    - internal mixing, routing and monitoring software provided
    - Logic Soundtrack 24 (24bit/96kHz powerful recording software from Emagic)
    - drivers for Windows 9x/ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, ASIO 2.0 (latency can be lowered to 2ms), GSIF (GigaSampler/-Studio)

Controller Chip & Converters:
    - ADC&DAC2000 external rack uses AKM AK4524 ADC/DAC (24bit/96kHz, 100dB S/N ratio a-weighted) converters on all stereo inputs and outputs
    - DSP24 host card uses the IC Ensemble Envy24 I/O controller chip (ICE1712)
    - DSP24 internal I/O for standard windows system sounds (mini-jacks on card) uses SigmaTel STAC97xx 18bit AC-97 Codec (ADC & DAC) 95dB output S/N ratio (a-weighted)

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The specs look good, you might want to compare it to a M-Audio/Midiman Delta 1010.

www.midiman.com

And if you really have money to spend, take a look at the RME Hammerfall cards *drool* :D

www.rme-audio.com

3. aka PUNK&DONUTS

aka PUNK&DONUTS Guest

Jan 9, 2002
    Australia,
    Cheers! JMX. I'll have a look if anyone else has any suggestions fire away.