1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hooray for cheep beer!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Sep 13, 2008.

1. i just got a 24 pack of pigseye pilsner for $10 :)

for the price i am pleasantly surprised:)

with the money i am saving by buying cheaper beer, i might be able to buy an amplifier. :hyper:

2. I prefer Natural Ice for mass consumption or for cookouts. $16.50 for the 30 pack. After a while it all tastes like water anyway.:ninja:

3. i like to spread out my beer and have a six pack of something decent to every 24 pack of fizzy yellow water.

i was surprised with how much flavor is in these cheap little cans.:D

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ooooh...Nattys. The offical beer of college. However, these days, in my old age, I'd rather spend that $16.50 on one or two really good six packs rather than 30 cans of swill.

5. When I was in college in prehysterical times in the Pacific NW, the cheapo beer was Buckhorn. Sometimes Olympia was on sale.

But whatever beer I drink, it is NEVER light beer if I can possibly avoid it. I don't like colored water....and I won't buy it.

My motto: life is too short for lite beer.

6. I usually keep assorted Sam Adams in my fridge through out the week and buy the 30 pack on the weekend, what I don't drink the misses does.

I love having a wife that can sit down and have a beer or 10 with me.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

A wife with 10 beers in her DEFINITELY can have some advantages! :smug:

When I was in college, the cheap beer of choice was Schaffers. It was often on sale for .99 cents a six pack. Yep, that's $3.96 a case. :):D

8. good words to live by.

i never drink light beer. beer is my diet beverage :D

ive done the research beer is healthier for you than soda, even diet soda. :bassist:

of course large amounts of alcohol is ultimately bad.

9. dwanetom

dwanetom

Aug 20, 2008
    You wouldn't play on a cheap bass...why would any of you wish to drink cheap beer! Life is too short to drink cheap beer. For every six pack of cheap beer you drink you only need two bottles of good stuff to be satisfied, and if it's the buzz you're after it's just as fast.

10. it is either cheep beer or cheap gear, so i made a choice. it took me awhile to find the best tasting cheap beer. now with all the money i am saving ill be able to buy that 5er P-bass i have been eying or that Kanstul trombone.:)

11. It sure does:D:hyper:

12. dwanetom

dwanetom

Aug 20, 2008
    But you didn't understand what my post was about. You're really not saving any money 'cause you have to drink 2 to 3 times as much to be satisfied. I'd be curious to know if those who purchase 24 or 30 packs of cheapo stuff only drink one at a time once or twice a day. The guys I know who do it don't.

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    PBR used to be cool until the Hipsters started drinking it... :(

14. yeah, well i guess i am weird. ill drink a beer and call it a night. :meh:

i never drink beer to get drunk, that is what rum is for. :D

15. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    :eyebrow:
    PBR is still awesome, sir, and I suggest that you never forget it.

16. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    x2 PBR is my favorite cheap beer. It tastes better than most other beers in the same price range, and it is much less likely to get stolen at a party than bud/busch.

That or steel reserve...

I generally drink good beer (stouts and porters) though

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    For cheap "I need to get drunk beer" I turn to Old Style or High Life. Special Export is also not a bad SuperCheap beer.

18. I drink cheap wine....does that count?

It's all students seem to drink around here....

19. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    You're all spending too much money on beer. Hell, if you just want to get drunk and don't care about taste go for some MD2020!

I personally cannot stand the damn stuff.

Cheap beer wise, it's all about the Natty Lite here at college.

20. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I bought a 24 of Keith's for 34 bucks! WOO!!