Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hootie and the Blowfish

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ARA punk, Jul 11, 2001.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Anyone know where i can get bass tabs for Hootie and the Blowfish's album "Fairweather Johnson"? I have looked and cannot find them anywhere.

2. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Does this mean there arent any or does it mean that no one on here cares about hootie and the blowfish?

3. Both, I think. :D

Try picking it out for yourself, it's the only way to improve your ear. I wish I would've done that more, 'cuz my ear sucks now. :(

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    It's not too late.

5. I know, but I could have done it earlier on and it woulda made the process go along faster.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That's the kind of thing that keeps people dead in the water when they could be improving themselves: Crying over spilt milk. Maybe you could have done it before, maybe you couldn't. The point is you now realize doing it would be to your advantage. Well, do it! It's not like there's a deadline, you know. You can either focus on what could have been or take stock of what you have and build upon it. What's it gonna be? Start with easy stuff and work your way up. The point is to evolve.

Don't make me call Jeff Berlin...

[Edit] One more thing: I just saw your profile and noticed that you're 16 years old! You have plenty of time.

7. Heh, 15 actually. :D
    Yeah, I have been working on it but I've only been able to pick out "Money" by Pink Floyd, "Thank U" by Sly (it's two freakin' notes! :D) and a few other things. I have problems hearing the bass a lot of times when it's not the loudest or the main focus. I've tried picking out "Sex Machine" by James Brown and I just CAN'T get Bootsy's line! It sounds really easy too. I just need to work on it some more.