Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hopefully someone here can help...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by anarchy_inside, Sep 22, 2005.

1. anarchy_inside

anarchy_inside

Sep 21, 2005
    hey all, iv got a 4 string bass guitar, but i think theres something wrong with it, the E string seems to be louder and out of 'whack' compared to the other strings, (i realise that its meant to be louder, but this is more than it used to be) and whenever i play any note on the E string anywhere between the 9th fret to the 12th fret, it doesnt give me a note, it gives me a muffled buzz noise.. :crying: :bawl: i dont know what is wrong with it, but im going to get my dad to look at it, and then i might get a music store or something.. im not completely sure... any ideas would be great...!

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    It sounds like the bass need a setup. You have action issues with the E string. It at least needs a saddle/truss adjustment.

The loud E may be associated with your EQ settings on the amp or the height of the pickup.

3. anarchy_inside

anarchy_inside

Sep 21, 2005
    its good now, for some reason my E string was closer to the actual bass itself, and therefore the pickup, but me and dad looked at it last night, and now its all back to normal, WOOO!! :bassist: :hyper: