1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Horizon cables Wow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by alembicbassist, Jun 11, 2002.

1. I have always heard the cables make a difference to your tone. I've always used Spectraflex "original", and thought I wa getting good tone. Yesterday I needed another cable (straight/angled) so with little money found a store selling Horizon "Silver Flex" cables. Could not bring myself to buy the expensive Monster cable. Got a 20 foot Horizon with silver plated copper core and gold plugs for $18. Lifetime warranty.

I tried both the spectraflex and the new Horizon. I was amazed at the difference in tone on the A and G string on the upper neck of my Alembic. Could not tell a difference in the lows though on the B and E strings. I think I will go today and get another 10 footer.

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Cables can make a lot of difference on the highs with a passive bass. I wouldn't expect much if any effect on the lows.

Active basses are unlikely to sound significantly different with different cables.