Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Horn for Trace Elliot 1048

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miktit, Apr 29, 2002.

1. miktit

miktit Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Denmark
    Hi I have an old Trace Elliot 1048 4x10" cab, which is my secondary rig combined with an AH250 SMX amp. I use it for gospel gigs mainly and really miss i HF horn.

Does anybody know the specs on Trace Elliots horns, and their croosover filters - brands frequency responce etc?
    Besides - does anybody have experience in mounting a HF horn in their cabs?

If people can recommend some other brands than what Trace uses, it would be welcome as well.

Mikkel Tiedt - Denmark.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    You could always try to contact Trace Elliot at:

www.traceelliot.com

They have a 'Contact Us' email.

I trie to contact them recently - but to no avail, I'm not sure if there's anyone left in the UK since Gibson shut down the manufacturing site to shift the manufacturing to the US.

I can't remember the source, but I have a feeling it's a Fostex HF horn that Trace Elliot used - not sure of the specs and the Trace Elliot site isn't that helpful on the subject - maybe Fostex have details???

3. gidget

gidget

Apr 28, 2002
    yeah i agree with johnny, im pretty sure its a fostex, i cant remember the wattage, i could prolly check but not right now:D