1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Horn on an Ampeg SVT-810AV

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thepest, Apr 16, 2009.

1. thepest

thepest

Apr 8, 2008
    I have the HF parts form an old ampeg 610 and was wondering if I could install them in my 810AV? Drill a hole for the horn and hook up the speaker wires to the l-pad. Would it work?, or are there other this involed that I'm not thinking of. Thanks.

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I wouldn't do it....

But I really don't know the answer to your question.
    Anyways, if all the speaker connectors add up right, then I don't see why not, but I could be wrong. I mean if you want to do it, do it, I'm not gonna tell you "its a waste", because really, to each his own. :)

3. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    the place where the horn would go is right dead center of the petition between the top 2 sealed chambers ..... you would have some work there to cut that petition and reseal it . i would probably try to use a postal mail cylinder ... liek a large poster would ship in ... i did it with pvc pipe a few years back ...

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi thepest.

You might want to temporarily wire that horn up to hear what it sounds like in conjunction with your 810AV before you go drilling any holes.

Tweeters are the antithesis of the tone which Ampeg 8x10's are known for.

5. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL

Thats probably why he is doing it though ;)

6. thepest

thepest

Apr 8, 2008
    Thanks for the help, guys. I hooked up the horn resealed the cab and nailed what I was looking for. With the horn way back I'm getting a nice pick attack with a little shimmer and all the WHOOOMP of a sealed cab. Thanks again.