Horns on cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheBaron, Nov 4, 2004.

1. TheBaron

Nov 1, 2004
    Hi guy, right ive got an ashdown ABM 410H cab, with a horn and well i have no idea what it does to be honest! I've had it over a year and no matter ho wmany times i chage the setting (High - off - Low) it doesnt sound any different to me, it may be broken as i did buy it second hand, if it is, im not bothered as ive lived without it for this long ill be fine but im just wondering whats it supposed to do and how i can get it to do that! cheers guys.
  2. I'd say there's a good chance it's blown... the one on my 4x10 has been since I bought it used as well. If you're not missing high frequencies in your sound (which is what it will add) then it's probably not a big deal.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If the internal passive crossover is fried, you won't get any sound from it. Also, some tweets have an automobile fuse in line with it for spike protection. If that $5 bulb is blown, it will cut of all sound to the tweet. That's a possibility as well.

If you're happy with the tone, forget about it and don't give it a second thought. If you think your high-end is lacking, then give both the horn AND the crossover a looking into.
  4. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Does it look like this?

Yea, to be honest I don't know what it does either :D