Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Horrid, horrid EdSpam

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Of sorts. Dan Greenblatt, who's the tenor player at my regular Tuesday night session, just had an instructional book published by Chuck Sher and here is the link.

3 guesses as to who "his quartet of swinging, New York jazz musicians" is....

2. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I was eyeing this the other day. You guys sound like a million bucks on the demo Mp3 - a wonderful bass sound going on there. Now there's an easy way to for everyone here to honestly say they played a blues with Ed backing 'em up.

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Many thanks to Peter Karl for his superlative engineering. I love the bass booth at his studio.

BigEgoHead does feel that he has somewhat been "preserved for all time" by doing this project and is morbidly fascinated that legions of Japanese and European tenor players will be playing "with" him for some years to come.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've played along with a few Aebersold's and thought - wow that bass tone really sucks, considering how highly-regarded that player is!! ;)

5. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    NYC

LOL