HORROR & SQUALLOR BENEATH ME!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BurningSkies, Jan 26, 2009.

1. That is kind of sad. If you still see him around the neighborhood, you should see if you can find out where he lives and give him back his degree. Unless he didn't actually earn the degree and killed the guy that earned it and has been living as someone else for the last 20 years.

lowsound

2. steve21

steve21 Inactive

in which case make a movie about him :bassist:

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I figure, if he left it there, he left it there for a reason. I'm not going to broach the topic nor his removal from our building, which I believe to be a sore subject.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This is a disease, and oddly enough, I've seen a lot of it around my life lately. I really don't know what it's called. Did it smell? How did you not smell it upstairs?

5. basste

basste

Oct 8, 2003
    France
    :eek:

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    We used to have a neighbor across the street when I was growing up that was the same way. If they ever opened their front door, in about 3 seconds, you could smell it a couple hundred feet away in our front yard.

7. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    We had a neighbour at the entry level of the apt.,her doughter had issues.When they opened their door the smell would break a few noises every time.I almost puked a few times in the summers.I learned to hold my breath for the 2 floors I have to go up in time though.Still,sad it is.

8. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Sono est omnia Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Luthier and Instrument Tech at Kala Brand Music Co.
    Wow. That's pretty bad! I'm surprised any action hadn't happened sooner.
    Hoarders are an odd bunch.

I was on a board a few months ago and came across some pics that were taken at an apartment in Houston.

As the story goes:
    "We had a resident who had an outstanding balance for over a month and no one could get ahold of her. The Bookkeeper went inside after so many tries to leave a note and this is what we found..."

Do you dare enter Apt. 133? :D

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/fodera6/APT 133 Houston/?albumview=slideshow

9. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    The funny thing is that no, our place didn't smell. His hoarding appears to have been mostly limited to books, papers and printed materials. He ate out down the street most of the time, so no food debris at all.

The only oddity was that our bathroom would get some stink in the summer, but only on certain days, not all the time. Our place is in good shape. It's a whole different world downstairs. I should take a walk about and take some upstairs shots so everyone can see the difference.

10. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    The thought crossed my mind. A comparison would be quite interesting.

11. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    For a second there, I thought this was a thread about Silent Hill... Yeesh...

A little bit of work, that might just be a really nice place, though.

12. yeah, the other rooms were bad but kinda ok. i have sometimes stayed in similar appts but hell not that bathroom

13. hey, maybe the dude was the Zodiac!

14. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    You know, that bathroom kinda reminds me of this:
    toilet2.jpg

15. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Fumigate.

Seriously, I know some fire/flood restoration guys.... that's more up their alley than most GCs....

16. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    When I visited the bathroom last night it was down to the studs in the walls and the beams in the ceiling. I heard the guys debating the best way to get rid of the tub and plumbing. I believe the whole bathroom will be new. I talked with the general contractor who planned on doing the place over entirely. He said they'd have it done in a month, but I believe that this is at least a 6 month project. Either way, it only helps our apartment...

17. A month might be pushing it, but no way would that take 6 months. More in the 6 weeks range.

lowsound

18. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Sometimes an early-to-mid stage set of symptoms accompanying mental illness.
    If you see him around and had any relationship with him, ask him how he's doing.
    He might be in need of help, and an eviction notice, while a wake-up call to many, isn't exactly the kind of assistance that might be needed in this case.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021