Horrorpops Fans???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Feb 4, 2006.

1. I've been watching this bands popularity grow for the past year, and I'm very impressed! I've seen promos for them in everything from Bass mags to Tatoo mags, and now seeing them on the 'net alot! As a fan of other rockabilly outfits (RHH and Hank III) I love the genre of music and the love that these bands put into their music to keep the genre alive.

So, if there are ay HP fans on the board, what songs would you reccomend I listen to? Anything interesting to know about the band?

2. Well the bassistfor the Horrorpops (Patricia Day) is married to Kim Nekroman of the Nekromantix. Kim plays guitar for Horrorpops, as well as bass in Nekromantix. He and Patricia were in seperate bands, and decided to form their own. They taught each other the instruments (he taught her bass, she taught him guitar), and are the Horrorpops. Kim built that awesome custom bass Patricia uses/smashed on the cover.

I'm a big fan of pyschobilly, yet mildly of the Horrorpops. I own their first album, Hell Yeah!, and songs that jump out are Julia, Mistake, Kool Flattop, Where they Wander, and Pyschob!tches outta Hell. IMO the cd itself is...ok, I mainly skip other songs for these.

I have only barely heard bits of their new album "Bring It On", but was not impressed enough to buy it. Granted, I did not listen to too much of it.

IMO there are also many greater pyschobilly bands, RHH included, but Horrorpops aren't bad.
  3. the matadors from southren ontario are pretty good(sorry i can't find a link to their website)
  4. I pulled up the Horrorpops MySpace page tonight, not that bad of a band... They're no RHH but I like 'em!

5. Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    I love the Horror pops