Horse the band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    My old band played wtih them a while ago. Really unique Nintendo core sound. Really good bassist as well. They have a song called cutsman wich is really cool.
  2. my name is mud

my name is mud

Jul 2, 2004
    They are alright..I seen one of there videos for bombs or somthing. Weird band they are...
  3. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Yeah, I think they've been mentioned around here before. I dig em, I love that kind of psycho metal thing with keyboards.
  4. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    While we're talking about "Nintendo Core", "The Advantage" are pretty good, too.

Downloading the Cutsman song now.
  5. orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    The Advantage is sooo good.

They rock my bones off.
  6. sal paradise

sal paradise

Aug 12, 2004
    I saw them at hellfest, eh.
  7. OK, I'm old.
    What the hell are you talking about, Nintendo Core?
    I'm imagining all sorts of horrible music.
  8. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Nintendo core is a genre where young guys cover old 8-bit nintendo game songs, Mario, Metroid, etc.
  9. Right, that was the horrible music I was imagining. And they do it metallic?
  10. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I take it they haven't been sued yet by the Canadian band of the same name that was around in the 80s---played sophisticated pop with a female vocalist.
  11. Was that band called "horse?" This band is actually called "Horse the Band." They're pretty sweet in my book. They don't so much cover nintendo songs (well maybe sometimes they do) as write music with a nintendo vibe that's created with some pretty cool keyboard parts. They seem like really funny guys, but the music isn't for everyone. I happen to think it's great though.