Horseshoe Appreciation Thread.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Jun 30, 2004.

1. That's right, you heard me it's all about hittin the pits with the homies and letting off some steam!!! How many of you TB'ers enjoy some brews and throw the 'shoes? My crew and i roll about 30-40 deep to the beach on weekends and play lottery tourneys. $5 a head lottery pick, double elimination... anyone else?? :D
  2. its more fun when there still on the horse. :)

3. Now there's a morbid game!! A buddy of mine is a ferrier (puts shoes on horses) and i'm sure there's a few he'd LOVE to play that game with. I've seen the bruises... :p
  4. bruises on the horse or on your friend?
  5. I love Jarts. I love sharpening the points. I love convincing not so bright people they're supposed to catch them.

I'm just kidding. I wouldn't sharpen the points... :smug:

6. on my buddy's chest, stomach, back.. all over.. he's been kicked, sat on, $**t on, peed on... the list goes on and on.. I went with him ONCE and that was it.. no more for me! about 30 minutes into watching him i got bored and started playing 'shoes by myself with 2 tiny trees as posts... :D

I know there's gotta be some sons of the soil on the left coast that throw 'shoes... anyone???
  8. well, it's kinda tough when you have the horse by the leg and you are standing under it.. there's no real way to "get out of the way" if you are in the "danger zone" as he puts it.. uuugghh.. me personally, i'm not much of a horse guy so even being near them is the "danger zone" for me... :smug:
  9. ewwwwwww!!!!! lol
  10. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Thought you were talking about these for a sec!

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Horseshoes are great-my parents used to play when I was a kid. Very relaxing game.

Just don't talk about horseshoe crabs-those things scare the bejezus out of me.
  12. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    My dad was the New England champ in his division. I don't know much about horseshoes though, just that he owns on them.
  13. horseshoes: the only game harder than golf
  14. but it's fun as heck once you get decent at it.. last summer i wore the "L" on my chest for most of the tourneys. oh yeah the "L" stands for "liability". we also refer to them as "Donaters"... meaning they're worthless and just donating their $5 :D i'm still learning the "one flip" method. some of the cats i throw with have some mean tosses! one dude makes the shoe spin like one of saturn's rings and throws ringers about 60% of the time..
  15. Hey, now easy there.. i love cats... :D I have 2... here's are some things that i have thrown..

a fit

just use throw before any of these and you'll get the idea.. :p
  16. how do you explain this... mr. matic?
  17. uhhh.. see that word "with" right after cats? that means "the dudes whom with which i am throwing"...

18. why, whatever are you talking about i dont see the word with anywhere...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D