1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hot 1-of-a-kind custom fanned fret 5ers FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lomo, Mar 6, 2008.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Both are 32-35" fanned fret 5ers and are about 1 year old. Both are 19mm spaced at bridge.

FOURNEL ABG IS TRADED AND WILL BE ON ITS' WAY TO GREECE. GREAT PIC OF CB IS AVAILABLE AT cbbasses.com - scroll down under "the news" tab for a quality image. All offers considered.

First-CB singlecut with Norstrand pups, passive vol/pan/tone, amazing 3D quilted camphor top over mahogany, figured morado board/knobs and pup covers, banjo frets, ebony nut, Dunlop straplocks,
    3rd recessed Dunlop receiver along lower body edge (for my bass belt-neither seen nor felt unless you flip it upside down), pristine save 1 tiny ding about an inch from the jack (in pics to follow), currently strung with Chromes-very fat/thick. Also comes with wrenches and a spare morado knob (just in case).
    Very light-approx. 8 lbs

also-custom Michel Fournel (Montreal luthier has made ABGs for Alain Caron and instrument for Cirque Du Soleil) fanned ABG 5er. 1st bass he made in '07, his shop's 25th anniversary-has MOP inlay indicating this. True hollowbody. Carved mahogany with spruce top
    -only the horns are solid. David Gage pup mounted under the bridge feet. Vol control knob on bridge. Thinline body-loud enough to practice unplugged, amazing when amped. Combination jack/rear straplock. Custom molded hardcase.
    Probably <7lbs.

Paid 3Gs for each. Asking 2250 by Paypal. Trades or partial trades considered are 34 or 35" 5 string basses with 18.5 or 19mm spacing at the bridge. No amps/cabs or other basses. I'm partial to Elrick and Lakland. Current pics are poor but I can/will take more at higher res in daylight-hopefully this weekend.

2. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    more pics...

3. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

4. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

5. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

6. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

7. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

8. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

9. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

That CB singlecut left me drooling...

10. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Me too. That top is ridiculous. Wish I had the scratch to do something about it. Good luck with the sale.

11. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal

Yeah, she feels and sounds as good as she looks, too. There's a bit of wiggle room in the ask.

12. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Holy cannollis. I want both of them, bad. :) I can't do anything about it right now, but if I've landed a job in the next little while and one of them is still around at that time, I will come knocking again.

13. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    wow, that hollowbody is brilliant!

M

14. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Hey lomo. Super great basses. I'd be all over the ABG if only I had not just gotten the AB II, the Z3, the Prima Artist (oops I got carried away :p) )

Lomo is a great TBer and the basses are priced to sell.

15. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Thanks Fullie. I'll try and get some less compressed/clearer pics up this weekend.

16. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Happy Sunday. more pms replied. probable trade in the works for the acoustic. Make me an offer on the exceptional sounding and playing CB with the nicest top I've ever seen...

17. lomo

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    ABG has been traded. All offers on the CB will be considered. See the cbbasses.com website under "the news" tab (scroll down) for a good pic of the top.

18. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Free bump for a great TBer and an even greater Dingaholic