My amp decided to be wierd. At a gig in December it kept shutting down (internal breaker) and finally overheated enough to blow the external breaker. Getting home I took the cover off of it to see what was acting up and couldn't find anything and at the time it seemed to be acting fine. At our next practice it began shooting sparks (cover still off). Upon closer inspection I saw a nice little molten spot on the edge of the heat sink where apparently it had been arcing to the case. I pulled out the heatsink/power amp assembly and put really thick double stick foam tape on either side of it and now it seems to be behaving itself. Anyway, I've never heard anything bad about Carvin amplifiers but apparently mine has issues..