1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

HOT DEAL: Planet Waves NS Mini Headstock Tuner!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by madbassplaya, Jan 12, 2012.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    You guys may remember my thread where I reviewed and suggested this tuner.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f30/p...stock-tuner-review-you-your-bass-need-811583/

Bassstringsonline.com is now offering the tuner at a smoking hot price through the end of January.

It's now only $14.95. BUT if you are a forum member and are signed up as a VIP it is cheaper and you can get an even better deal by buying larger quantities. Check the deal out here:

Planet Waves NS Mini Headstock Tuner

If you're registered there, you already know about the killer deals they have and that the owner is a TB member and does us low end guys right. They've got great prices, a large selection that is growing, and the best service I have ever experienced!

This is my good dude for the day. Killer tuner. Killer price. Killer business.

You're welcome. :)

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    $5.05 shipping on Amazon for One if you are not prime...

$2.75 First Class Mail shipping for one tuner on BassStringsOnline.com...
    $5.95 for priority mail flat rate anywhere in the US regardless of the size of the order.

And the VIP price now slightly beats the "amazon" price...

As a VIP you would save $2.35 over that amazon price for a single tuner...

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Not to mention, you would also be supporting a business that supports everybody here ... if you have an issue or a question about something, drop Amazon an email and see how they help you :)

4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    What's a VIP member?

5. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    VIP Membership is open to ALL Talk Bass members. Once you are setup and registered as a VIP you will see discounted prices automatically once logged in on BassStringsOnline.com .

To become a VIP member simply register at the link below and include that you are a Talk Bass Forum Members and your Talk Bass Username.

Bass Strings Online Customer Registration Page

Once registered and you receive the VIP activation email you will see VIP in the upper corner on the site and lower prices site wide. Discounts vary per item.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all about this program or anything else at all!

6. rizzo9247

rizzo9247 Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2008
    NYC
    I picked up two earlier, great deal! Will shop in the future!

7. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Awesome!

And if you are the person I think you are I was able to see you came from here so I applied the VIP pricing.

Enjoy!

8. mattiastomas

mattiastomas

Aug 26, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    +1 on the awesome service! I've bought strings from Jason a few times, and he has been very helpful and always sorted out issues that came up. He also replied my emails like within the hour! Really awesome guy to do business with.

9. They are practical, however it might be hard to squeeze them into the headstock of bigger bass headstocks. For guitars it's a no-brainer. It's not like a crocodile clip, rather plain plastics that tweaks.

Anyway, I have one parked at my main guitar all the time so it's pretty practical to have one per guitar.

10. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    True ksandvik... I cant fit one on my Ken Smith 6 string's... there is no place for it to go. 5 or 4 string wouldn't be a problem though.

I have a friend who has one barely fitting on a Blackbird Rider guitar... its at the top of the headstock in between the D and G string tuners. Still works but not ideal visibility... Its a trade off for not having a big bulky thing hanging off the top of your instrument I guess.

They are handy, but yeah there are a few instruments where fitment is not ideal. But it is very few.

11. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Just ordered one! :hyper:

12. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Last weekend I went to my local music store and bought 2 tuners - one was this one and the other one was a different brand...both work well, but the other brand looks like it's a fishing weight on the end, but the ns (currently on my Spector) is virtually invisible unless you're looking at the display...!

13. Hey sorry... didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I'll have to check out the VIP prices on that site.

14. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    No worries.

Glad you found a new site and hopefully will enjoy the VIP pricing.

15. DavidE

DavidE

Feb 7, 2010
    Anybody else have the tab that clips the tuner to the headstock break easily?

16. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I've not had that issue. My only issue is that when I'm trying to check tuning on the fly during a show and the drums start playing (or any other instrument) the tuner cannot pick up just the bass vibration for accurate tuning.

17. ethanbowen666

ethanbowen666

Jan 8, 2011
    Bassist, shadowseerband.com
    this tuner BLOWS!!!

18. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Er.....Not to bother you.......but do you think you could be a little more specific or helpful than simply saying it "blows"?

19. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Rhinebeck, NY
    The small size is nice, but I find it has a pretty wide strike zone. I've gone back to my Snark.