1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hot Fuzz!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Aug 3, 2007.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Rented this yesterday. It is hilarious, lots of cool little ironic tie ins. Very well written, which is rare in a comedy these days, usually there just T & A jokes. This one actually appears that it had a script! I would most definitely recommend. Also saw Zodiac, another very well written movie, although it did get plodding at times. I must admit, it's been a while since I've seen any movies that appeared to be created by an intelligent human beings.

2. Most people I know pass this and Shaun of the Dead (another good one) over because its from overseas. I thought Hot Fuzz was an awesome movie. Funny, but like you said, without using the usual "T&A" type humor.

3. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Hot Fuzz is by Shaun Of The Dead guys. Best British movies I've seen in quite awhile too.

4. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    ditto. hilarious movie. i liked shaun of the dead but i think hot fuzz is alot better.

5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Just watched it again tonight. I thought it was great, and I hate comedy movies for the reasons you stated.

6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I'll be renting this this weekend.

I loved Shaun of the Dead, can't wait to see Hot Fuzz!

7. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I highly recommend Hot Fuzz as well. It was very funny, and the same style of humor in Shaun of the Dead.

8. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Own the dvd seen it about 5 times good film came out ages ago though in the UK.

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I love this movie. I got to buy the DVD. It's on my top 25 for sure.

10. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    It took me a while to get round to this one. I loved Shaun of the Dead so I dont know why.

I heard a few people saying it was better than Shaun of the Dead so I realised I should get my finger out and watch it.

Although I loved this film I dont think it is better than Shaun of the Dead. A great film but not as good IMO.

11. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i bought Shaun of the Dead because it's amazing. i haven't seen Hot Fuzz yet, but i'll be buying it next paycheck.

also, if you happen across a TV series called "Spaced," check it out. same people, and EXTREMELY funny.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

12. Thats on in the US? Ill have to look out for it.

13. I thought that aswell

Hot Fuzz had its moments, but not as funny all the way through as shaun of the dead. imo

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I watched Hot Fuzz last night... very funny! I'll have to track Shaun the Dead down too.

15. Definatley, When you track it down, you have to watch Dawn of the Dead (preferably the remake) before it, but maybe thats just me, a good way to enhance spoofs!

One of the best parts in hot fuzz has to be the breaking the grannies nose :)

16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    This movie was ace.

17. I enjoyed Shaun of the Dead, so I guess should get around to seeing Hot Fuzz here pretty soon. The concept is definitely funny.

18. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I thought Shaun of the Dead was a bit lame, but Hot Fuzz blew me away, a comedy classic!

19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    It was the complete opposite for me. Though I did enjoy Hot Fuzz.

20. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    actually, no. "Spaced" is not on in the US. sorry to mislead.

but if you do happen to have a multi-region DVD player and want to see something very funny, get the "Spaced" DVDs. awesome!