1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hot Hand - USB

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gadgetjunky, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    It's shipping!! I know there is not a ton of interest here for computer controlled fx, but there may be some, like me, that find this very interesting. You can download the software free and examine what it can do. Very neat, all 3 axis control snd you can have each axis controlling multiple things.

Very neat. I'm going to get one, of course, to play with and report back once I get some 'hands-on" time.

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hothand/hothand_usb.php

Edit: it has trigger, Note on and everything!!! I really didn't want to add a laptop to my rig, but the stuff this can do is amazing. Imagine sending more than one CC per axis and having them go in opposite directions, and have different smoothing and different midi channels, WOW!!

2. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    Thinkin I may need to find a midi forum to kick off a discussion about this gems capabilities.

3. Using this with the animoog app could get crazy real fast.

4. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    animoog app, for ipad/iphone? Not sure you can do that yet. Hopefully there will be an app for the Midi-USB. I have a iDock and it has a USB, but I think without the SA hhusb program running you may not be able to convert to midi and assign all the cool axis stuff. I will try of course, but looking at the software I don't see it working on the ipad out of the box. But....it should port out of a laptop into the ipad, or directly to midi pedals. Then your laptop become a Midi-Exp with a GUI and wayyyyy more options.

5. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    mine is ordered and coming my way....so expect a detailed report.

6. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011