1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hot Rod A Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowdown3, Sep 22, 2008.

1. lowdown3

lowdown3

Mar 22, 2008
    I have a MIM Fender Jass bass......If I was to put on a Bad Ass III Bridge, Some good noisless Fender Pick ups....Will it sound good.....
    And also What kind of PUPS sound good..I want that bluesy sound that you get out of a old bass..........
    Any ways its a project in the works and would like some input in it.....
    I have a Geddy Lee and want a different sound....

2. OXploiter

OXploiter

Aug 1, 2006
    Sorry, that's impossible to answer - only you can determine that. The best that I can offer is the following: if the mods are done correctly, and the bass is set-up correctly, and your technique is up-to-par, and you're running through a half-decent rig, the bass won't end up sounding bad by any means.

I recommend Nordstrand pickups.

Change of mind, or did you not try it out before you purchased it?

3. Sell the Geddy Lee unless you fell in love with the neck. Go to a store and try out a bass with the sound you really like. In 8 of 10 cases this is more practical than doing a mod.

4. you will need to do a lot of modification to get a BAIII on there.

first off, the BAIII has 3 screws in different locations from the 5 holes from your stock bridge.

secondly (obvious), you need to drill out the holes for the thru body configuration.

5. lowdown3

lowdown3

Mar 22, 2008
    Yea I did not think about the bridge.....But your right I might just sell the Geddy Lee and buy me a American Fender Jass.....The local music store has a Standard in Olympic White with a Maple neck for $1349.00............I think thats a little high but I work on him.

6. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    DARKSTAR.

7. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Darkstars do sound good 'n bluesy. I use mine with nickel rounds. If you go with them, you'd have to pay for additional routing unless you are proficient with a plunge router...