Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hot Rod Distortion Pedal 'Effects Morph': Authentic clones or phoney wannabes?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FenderStripes, Jun 26, 2005.

1. FenderStripes

FenderStripes

Jun 12, 2005
    I was looking through a MusiciansFriend catalog and one particular pedal caught my eye: Digitech's Hot Rod Distortion pedal. Now this pedal (along with many others) can presumably "Morph" it's sound to replicate other pedals. With this specific pedal however, it says that it can change it's mode to pedals such as the ProCo Rat (one of the pedals I've been looking for), a Boss DS-1 (yet another pedal I've been looking for), and another one called the Arbiter Fuzz Face (which I've never heard of before...). It's going for $69.95 (US); not too bad, in my opinion. But I was just wondering, for those who would know, does this pedal actually do a good job at replicating the real-deal effects (ProCo, Boss DS-1) or are they just crappy versions.

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    You know, if a 69$ pedal could do the job of ten 69$ pedals... :meh:

I tried the Digitech Bass Driver, and I don't really keep good memories of that.

I don't see the point of this hype, Line6, Digitech and others... If I want a Rat sound, I buy a Rat, not something that imitate the Rat... If I want a Jazzbass, I buy a Jazzbass, not a bass that imitate a Jazzbass... If I want an amp, I buy it, I don't buy something that imitate it... Really, what's the point ? Saving money ? I would not have chosen music, if I wanted to save money !! :)