1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HOT ROD RED JAZZ BASS..??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Plucker Tom, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    I just purchased a 2000 HOT ROD RED Fender Jazz bass....American...I was wondering since I never saw another one in the WILD...How many do yah think they made that color..?Was it a one year color..? I cant seem to find anything on the internet about them.

2. You know the rule,

"No pics, no hot rod red MIA Jazz" ;)

Tbone76 and BurnOut like this.
  3. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    yeah yeah yeah I know...But...I don't have a camera...and I don't even know how to do it from my phone..But..I can play a WICKED BASS..though.lol..

Tbone76 and MisterFabulous like this.
  4. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    So.?? back to business....Anyone know about this color? or even about the PICKUPS from that era..2000-2001..?

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    How do you DECIDE which words TO capitalize?

bararan, staurosjohn and BurnOut like this.
  6. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    Its a GIFT...lol...cant explain it...

BurnOut likes this.
  7. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I Have A Great Love of Capitalizing The First Letter of Words. Maybe I Just Love Shift Button. On Paper I Does It Without Fail

8. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I remember playing on a Hot Rod Precision in a music store around that time period (fiesta red P w/ P/J pickups). I think one popped up in the classifieds here not too long ago. Uncertain of whether or not there was a Jazz equivalent released around the same time! Pics please!

9. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    There was a HOT ROD model so to speak but ..Im talkin bout the COLOR..Its different than the fiesta...

cataract likes this.
  10. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Don't worry, mon Capitaine, as a Delaware resident AND having worked in/around South Jersey, trust me when I say…it's a PHILLY 'THANG!

Seriously though, @Plucker Tom, you say it's an MIA Hot Rod Jazz. Is it one of the P/J Hot Rods or is it a J/J configuration? Without pics to point us in the right direction, we're playing a big guessing game. As a "just in case", what are the first few letters and numbers of the serial number? That might also shed some light.

Come to think of it, armed with the serial number, you should be able to email Fender directly and ask for a model, year and color verification. They might even be able to send you a service diagram and wiring schematic for that model.

Contact Customer Relations

11. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Ah, gotcha-- Google "chrome red jazz bass" and you'll see that this was a pretty popular color for Jazz basses in the early 2000's ('03-'04). I'm actually really digging it!

12. I have three HOT ROT RED!!! ;) Fenders, all guitars though. (Mark Knopfler signature Strats) Yeah, I'm a fan. :) Hot rod red is approx. half way between fiesta red and dakota red in shade.
    12891169_10153354237781097_5421172905307182277_o.

superdick2112 and Malak the Mad like this.
  13. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Is it this one?

upload_2017-1-25_10-9-48.

Fantastic color, and I've never seen another one either.
    Congrats, and Enjoy!

Norwegian Bass likes this.
  14. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    YES..That's color but with a black pickguard.....Looks a lot better with black PG....

15. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    serial # Z0157631....I assume a 2001..?

superdick2112 likes this.
  16. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    ..This color just GLOWS..... when seen in person

17. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    HOT ROD RED...not a HOT ROD model..

18. Plucker Tom

Plucker Tom

Dec 29, 2014
    Philly
    this color but with maple board....

superdick2112 likes this.
  19. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Like they say in the Fashion Industry, Black…it's always chic! :cool:

Did ya play yer geetar on the EmmTeeVee? :bag: :D