1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hot Rodded Marcus Miller Jazz IV...Breaking My Heart

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AbbeyRolled, Jul 18, 2007.

1. AbbeyRolled

AbbeyRolled

Apr 21, 2006
    The time has come. I have decided that my Ric 4003 just fits my style better than my Marcus. I love this bass, and it has served me well since I got it about a year ago. So, the Marcus is up for grabs to some lucky TB'er.

I installed a set of Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pickups in the bass. OK, well, *I* didn't install them. A real tech did. Anwho, these pickups gave the bass a whole new flavor. FAT bottom end with great growl around the middle.

I also dropped an E-Pro preamp in her. Anyone who's played a bass equipped with one of these puppies knows. Talk about tone for days. I think this was one of the most worthwhile additions I have made to any bass I have ever owned.

SO! Who's interested? The bass itself goes for $1000 on MF, the pre was $350, and the pair of Duncans was $180, for a grand total of about $1540. I'm willing to let her go for an even $1000, plus shipping. I will email photos to whoever would like them, but there are photos (both standing and action) on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78173523@N00/

Thanks guys! It hurts to let this girl go, but I just can't afford another bass in my collection. I hope somebody can give this girl a good home.

2. AbbeyRolled

AbbeyRolled

Apr 21, 2006
    Biggity bump

3. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a lovely bass. Wish I had the $$$ to take it off your hands. I'm currently trying to sell a couple of basses. Hopefully this would still be around when I have the $$$. Good luck on your sale!

4. AbbeyRolled

AbbeyRolled

Apr 21, 2006
    Bum for another chance at a great bass!