1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hot Sauce

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by katri, Mar 11, 2009.

1. What are your favorites?

I have some Ass Blaster in the cuboard, I'm thinking of ordering some Blair's 2 or 3 AM.

2. I put Frank's on almsot everything. Not really hot, but DAMN does it taste good.

Sometimes I make buttered toast with Frank's.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Tabasco is the industry standard, I always go back to Tabasco.

Sriracha (sp) is great on just about anything. I love that stuff.

Recently, I've been eating a lot of El Yucateco green habanero sauce. Great stuff going in, but it can be wicked coming out.

4. crikker

crikker Yooper Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    UP
    Cholula. Very flavorful and not crazy hot.

5. A friend of mine brought some recently and told me it was really hot, i was a bit disappointed. quite nice flavor though

6. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Sriracha is my favorite.

7. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Levi Root's Reggae Reggae Sauce. Well it's a jerk sauce but it sure is spicy. Mmm.

[​IMG]

8. El Yucateco makes some very tasty hot sauces. They are quite hot indeed but they are not just about heat. They add a really nice flavour to anything you add them to.

I like to add it to chili, stews, goulaches, eggs and one of my favorites is to mix a little bit to a small bowl of ketchup and dip my fries into it.

I'm not really into insanity hot sauces but i like a hot sauce that makes my scalp sweat when i eat it.:cool:

9. I like Frank's, Siracha, Melinda's etc. Blair's products are good,but more heat than flavor. What do you like to put it on? I use it on eggs and just about anything else

10. There's a little diner in Texas that makes their own hot sauce. They call it "Rattlesnake Venom". I pick some up whenever I'm down that way....And it's time for a trip.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

That stuff sits on my table next to the salt&pepper grinders... it goes on everything.

12. I've been very predisposed to the Tabasco Chipotle lately...it's a bit more subtle than you fire breathers may like, but it has a great taste, and while I like heat, I also want flavor.

13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Tabasco Chipotle is really good stuff. El Yucateco makes a chipotle sauce as well. That stuff is kinda sweet, as well as smoky-spicy. I highly recommend it if you want a change of chipotle.

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    The best hot sauce, and tobasco sauce I've ever tasted came out of Costa Rica. It was so good, I bought out a local store before I left and filled up a duffle bag. That hot sauce lasted me almost 4 years. Wish I still had some. I loved it. Used it for marinating, mixing with salsa, or sometimes simply dipping with my finger.

15. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'm a Crystal fan myself.

16. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I've never really liked Cholula, myself. I'm still searching for my go-to sauce.

17. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I have Sriracha, Cholula, and Melinda's in my house. I like them all but don't like the way Melinda's pours.

18. I guess I'm not really that picky. If it makes you sweat and/or tear up or if its just hot enough to make you drink a half gallon of milk then it's good enough for me.

Right now I have a few different hot sauces. Jolokia 10 Hot Sauce, Hell's Inferno Naga Bhut Jolokia Hot Sauce, good old Habanero Tabasco, and some PAIN 95% Hot Sauce

I get all of my hot sauces at www.hotsauce.com/

19. nice sauce!

i remember seeing him on Dragons Den

20. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I pretty much put it on everything. [​IMG]

Another one i like that i found out from a little costa rican grocery store we have in chicago is Lizano. It says salsa, but its more of a mild hot sauce. Great on everything as well.

[​IMG]