Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hot Wire basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bas_anton, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Anyone own or tried one of these? I´m gassing for a Sadowsky but with my income. It might take TOO long to get one :crying: What I´m really looking for is a very good Jazz-bass, and from my experience from Talkbass Sadowsky seems to bee the JAZZ BASS! After some research I found Hot-Wire bass in Germany (I´m from Sweden) I´m thinking of a vintage or a funky 77 model 4-string. with a Aguilar preamp.
    Does anyone have experience of these basses. How far is it from the Sadowsky in quality?

www.hotwire-bass.com

2. You´re absolutely right, about others opinion. I mean if you got a good bass, you tell everybody that your bass is GOOD. :D I have a Miller bass but its something with the neck. When hit the E-string there is a big click sound. I have tried every adjustment I can do, I think it has to do with the fretting. Therefor I´m looking for a GOOD JAZZ :bassist: :bassist:

3. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Hi everyone, I am actually a hotwire owner. I play the same bass as Kai does (with a different finish, mine is the one under his on the website that says it was just shipped off to berkeley). I am actually a student of Kai's which is how I found out about these great basses. I have not played very many other Jazz basses besides Lull's, so I can't give you much of a comperison. I am sure you will be very happy with either. I would just suggest you think about going with troditional woods a well, like an alder body. As for hotwire basses go, it is the only bass I play and it has a very clean crisp, honest sound. (not to mention a great slap sound). If you are going to get a hotwire think about the big apple bass also I would think about getting there preamp and not an aguilar (while I love aguilar there is something special about a bass that has hotwire pickups and there own preamp) Take care.