Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hotmail down?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davehenning, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I went into my Hotmail account earlier and every single thing I had in there was deleted/gone....... everything! Even my contacts! I have had the account for 8 years and never had a problem like that.

After I wrote MS customer service, I went back to check and keep getting the "Account Unavailable" page.

Anyone else?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i checked two hotmail accounts and both are fine.

hate to break this to you, but i hope that no one got a hold of your password. if this is the case, you may want to check your comp for a keylogger or something.

bummer :(

i hope the best for you, i don't know what would happen to me if something like this happened....

but, maybe it's just a glitch in the system :)

3. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Know any good shareware sites for something to hunt down a spy program? I am running MacOSX, so I usually do not have to deal with virus and spy type junk......

It is not my main account and I did not keep any important financial info in there, so we shall see!

Thanks

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    this is the best....BUT...... i don't know if it is for Mac:

www.snapfiles.com

BTW, i'm not that familiar with mac (wrongrobot would be the pro here), but on PC, when you hit ctrl+alt+delete, a window comes up and you are able to see what programs are running in the background (for the most part). i do this then go to this site to see if maybe any nasty ass stuff mad it to my PC:

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks!

It appears to be that my account has been shut down. This is gonna get interesting......

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    have you not checked it for awhile?

they send me messages everyonce in a while if i don't use it for 20days or so saying they will shut down an inactive account.

bummer, either way

7. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    No I use mine almost every day and have had it since 96 or 97.

hmmmm......

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dam, i'm stumped.....time to pull out a six pack of e-beer.

9. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Screw that. I am gonna go get the real thing! Though I appreciate the offer neighbor!
    :D

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    carry on, carry on

;)