Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hotmail Just Upped to 250mb

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just checked my email, and the standard 2mb limit has been raised to 250mb-I didn't know this was going to happen. They must be trying to compete with Google's Gmail and other services that have more space. Pretty cool though-no more annoying "you're almost out of space" reminders.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yes, one good thing that has come of gmail is that all the other services are raising the amount of storage space.

brad cook

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mines still at 2mb? :-/

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    yep....comcast raised theirs to 250MB not too long ago as well. Hooray for gmail!

-Mike

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    about time I say! Although, my hotmail is still at 2 mb. :eyebrow:

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea, some people have it(my brother) others don't(me)

It's annoying to cause my hotmail account is always overflowing, but then again, I don't really use it anymore.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

mine is still 2 megs. i am weaning myself away from it anyway. too much spam. i never get spam at my yahoo or gmail address.

8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

mines still at 2MB, and if i dont delete the junk daily, it will fill to the max because alot of the junkmail has some stupid attachment which makes it 100kb. i cant wait till it turns to 250MB.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I just checked my other Hotmail account, and it's still at 2mb as well. Maybe they are going chronologically? The account that has 250mb is the one I've had for over eight years now, while my other one is a little more recent. Eh, it's probably just random.

10. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I've had my hotmail account for about 8 years now, and it's still at 2 mb.

11. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Thank goodness for the pioneering companies that break the iron grip of the behemoths.

i am still at 2MB, but thats fine since its all spam. :)

if it goes up to 250MB...well, its going to take a while to fill that up with spam...at least a couple of hours.

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    mine is 2 megs still, as well.

Emb, I have Hotmail on Mozilla, and i rarely ever get spam - I use IExplorer for surfing and because its required by some sites I have to visit and some programs

13. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Still 2 Mb for me too... :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I have a 100 Mb Yahoo account...

14. Mine just jumped up to 250 MB last night as well. Freaked the hell out of me, i thought someone accidentally paid to upgrade to a plus account and they got mine instead, or some crazy virus/hacker thingy was going on.

None of my friends believed me that it jumped up so huge, i had to send them screenshots to prove it. Ive had my account at least 6 or 7 years and its about time i have enough space. Only 2 MB (for such a giant, well know company, even if it is free) is just ridiculous.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    too bad hotmail still sucks0rs

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm sure they are just gradually adding drive space and adding people on as they go along. Everyone will probably get it sooner or later.

brad cook

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Bump. So has anyone's account limit been raised yet? My secondary Hotmail account is still at 2mb, but I'm lovin' my 250mb primary now-I'm not afraid to ask people to send pics anymore.

18. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Mine is at 1000mb. Oh wait thats not hotmail. Its Gmail!

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mine just got raised yesterday. Now I can use hotmail again. I was sort of weening myself onto yahoo, because it had a much larger inbox. Now I can't use my hotmail account again.

20. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What?