Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hotmail?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Mar 12, 2004.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Is it working or not?? I cant log in at all. Been that way most of the day. Anyone else?

2. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I just tried it and it's dead. Had someone else try it from a different computer. Website not found. They must be having "technical difficulties". Glad I only use it for internet orders to make it the one that gets all the spam!

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not workin for me

4. I love spam when I'm camping except when it asks me to enlarge my penis when I'm sleeping. YOU LIE WITH YOUR THREE INCHES !!

5. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    just cheked mine, and its working fine

and i go to a school that firewalled it for a while ;)

-jimbo

6. Not working for me, I'm getting really annoyed and frusturated. I'm expecting an important E-mail.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Not working for me. Maybe Bill found out I "borrowed" a copy of Office XP??

-Mike

8. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I knew I would find a topic on this! Yeah, mine is dead too. I bet this wont last long however, they most likely have a lot of people working on it. Maybe they are making some major changes, or they got attacked by a hacker?

9. Ah me either, this is really annoying as my profile tells me I have emails but I can't read them! Messenger isn't working either. :mad:

10. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Yep, nowt here either, it's filling me with rage...

11. I've just got it going. Yay eight new emails... all subscribed threads in TB! Something tells me I'm spending too much time here!

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Easy now big fella'......have a tall glass of calm down. :D

-Mike

13. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Ah it's ok now, hotmail's back... Just in the nick of time, I imagine had it been down for another ten minutes I would have turned green and woken up tomorrow morning wearing nothing but tattered trousers :p

14. That would explain why MSN messenger wasn't working...I had checked my hotmail email around 8am PST and it worked just fine. I then went a did a couple things, reboot my computer around 8:27am and MSN messenger wouldn't sign in...

15. Im glad that all the problems happen during peak time in america...thats when im sleeping

16. hotmail has been messing up so much lately i just got a yahoo account instead

17. Yeah i have both just in case Hotmail or MSN is out...every Friday after noon at 5:55pm i get a message saying your getting signed out of Messenger very frustrating.

Also i read today in the newspaper that Hotmail and Yahoo might start charging to send emails in a bid to get rid of spam, it would be like 1cent per email, which would send a spammer broke seeing they are sending 1000's of messages a day.
    I dont really like the idea, no one then would really be able to get free email service then, which is really bad for the people who dont have a interent conncetion that check there email from internet cafes or libraries

18. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    That was just one of the ideas for preventing spammers. Another more feasible idea is to "charge" computer cycles to send email. Basically it would take a significant amount of time (say a few seconds) to send an email. Not really much of a hindrance if you're only sending one or two emails, but it would take forever to send the thousands of emails that spammers do.