HOTONE MP-100 Ampero

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimfist, Oct 20, 2018.

1. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Due to be released in December, presumed to be in the $500+/- price range, though not confirmed by the manufacturer:

Hotone Unveils Ampero: the new generation Amp Modeler and Effects Processor_Hotone

I mention this here because it is not only a multi-effect, but also includes amp modeling and cabinet simulation. Based on the bottom picture that shows the various pedals, amps and cabinets included, it seems to me that they've got a couple of Ampeg Amps, 8x10 SVT, Hartke 4x10 Aluminum, Mark Bass 2x10, and some other various bass cabinets in the fold.

(images taken from the Hotone page on FaceBook)

44489502_337033500402370_470873254823723008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-2.jpg

44375407_337033430402377_8586884276161609728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-2.jpg

44522661_337033573735696_8075278736913596416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fbos1-2.jpg

Luigir, Al Krow, BrentSimons and 2 others like this.
  2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    This looks great! And even has xlr...

BrentSimons and jimfist like this.
  3. SailorHunter

SailorHunter

Jun 16, 2018
    jimfist likes this.
  4. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    One of the things I'm curious about is the ability to place the various fx/amp models freely in any order along the fx chain within the unit, and if it allows for multiple iterations of effects. On first look, I'd guess that the answer is "no", but we'll see once the unit hits the market and when an owner's manual surfaces.

Even so, if the pedal retails at +/-$450US, that's a decent price point IF it sounds good. It offers a number of things that are missing from my beloved Zoom B3n: XLR outs; USB recording; expression pedal; MIDI. Of course, the B3n has all of that dedicated bass stuff in it, while Ampero is geared mostly for guitarists, with a handful of bass amps/cabs.

Ultimately, though, how it sounds and the details of the programming/design will determine if it's worth double the cost of the B3n for bassists. I did hear a nice sounding guitar demo video of the Ampero.

5. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    there are already some teasing guitar sound demos out

6. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    Looks like they also could have bassist in mind. I asked them. This is what I got.

6CCDA544-6C09-4AEC-9A3E-F80F88E77733.png

Attached Files:

gregmon79, BrentSimons and Nunovsky like this.
  7. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    Can’t see if I can change effect chain here.

8. bassegg

bassegg

Oct 17, 2018
    Havard Ramses likes this.
  9. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    I like aux/phones, drums, volume pedal, looper.

BrentSimons likes this.
  10. jimfist

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Just skimmed the manual. For me, price point will be a big factor. It's got a reasonable number of bass amps and cabs according to the owner's manual. It has some of the newer style programming and controller (pedal) features and whiz-bang, but if it is static order of effects, that might be a bit of buzz-kill. IR loading helps this along. Keeping a loose eye on this.

BrentSimons likes this.
  11. looks cool - I may be wrong here - but it looks like an awesome upgrade to the xtomp hardware - with the same software inside maybe?

12. Zon master

Zon master

May 10, 2017
    Not too dissimilar from the HeadRush Gigboard

13. ChubbyJerk

ChubbyJerk Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Polyphonic octave and harmony. That's big for me, if it tracks well.

Al Krow and jimfist like this.
  14. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Very tempted by this! Looks like a potentially compact 'plug'n'play' all-in-one mini board with a level of sophistication beyond my B3n but without being too heavy on the wallet (compared to say a Helix).

Anyone got one / about to get one?

15. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    Procom music here in Norway says this week. So I placed a order. Price is NKR 3999 (USD 495). Sort of mid price range.

gregmon79 and Al Krow like this.
  16. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Looks like you're going to be one of the first to get. Look forward to getting your feedback on it! Price in the UK is £349 = $450

17. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Very nice list of stuff in this unit. I am impressed. I'm not holding my breathe. I'll see what it sounds like when it starts hitting demo channels and other peoples' exp start coming out.

JulienP. likes this.
  18. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I gotta say, this thing seems to get better and better. Runs on 18v center neg power, only takes 500ma (which is nuts. But also leads me to believe that it won't sound that great. Then again, I don't know anything about the tech they are using) and it's got tons of drum and rhythm patterns to play to. That's pretty cool. But again, lets see what it sounds like....--

Havard Ramses and Nunovsky like this.
  19. Havard Ramses

Havard Ramses

Oct 29, 2014
    Oslo
    C72CF7CD-6EF2-491F-9FEB-87ECF5DC773C.jpeg Wow. First impression as guitarist this thing is just holy wow awesome. Go get it.
    As a bassist I’m not there yet. This thing is made for guitarist. No questions about that. I have to test it more on bass.
    Menu is easy and quick to learn. Intuitiv. And this litle thing has everything you need.
    And it is smaller than I Expected.
    Here it is next to a boss.

Mrmatt1972 and Al Krow like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021