1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hotrodder needs opinions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mike phillips, Feb 15, 2006.

1. hey yall, bein the gearhead that i am im lookin to hotrod my gsr200. im lookin at the emg pj pickups. is this to way to go? i play black sabbath, ozzy, scorpions ect. it has d addario steel strings.45-105. whats yall think? all opinions welcome since this is all new to me. thanks, mike

2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    EMGs are always good :D
    but seeing as you have a lower end bass it might not make THAT much differance.

maybe some seymour Duncans?

3. the ibanez was my first bass so i cant part with it. but i cant leave anything alone either. my jackson has seymour duncans just lookin for somethin different. actually i just want to mess with somethin and seein i aint got that much into it i figured what the hey.

4. for the tone of my bargain bassment Tradition B105. I liked the sound so much I later added an emg btc preamp. It's a basswood body with a maple neck and it still sounds better than some of my more "respectable" basses. Snarls like crazy and the boom can make your ears itch. Unfortunately, adding $300.00 worth of electronics to a $100.00 bass yields a $100.00 bass that cost you $400.00. If you're going to keep the thing, hot rod away. Just don't count on getting your money back when you sell it. Good luck!