Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HotWire Vintage 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jon Pomplin, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    :bassist: Mint condition Hand made German 5 string bass
    I currently have the HotWire Vintage 5 used on the soon to be released Project 814 CD available for sale (US only - sorry). Here is the description:

The Hot Wire Vintage Bass is a workhorse for bass players who like the looks, the feeling and the handling of those famous and sought-after Jazz bass models of the sixties. Hot Wire has kept the best parts – the slim neck, the light body, the thin finish that feels so great to the touch and the incredible sound. The are some small improvements to the original design: They added one fret so
    you can reach the high E on the G-String, the pickups are handmade and low noise yet still have that great funky sound. All that for a fraction of the cost of an original!

This Hot WireVintage 5 Bass (serial #2035) is featured on the track "Part of Me" for the new upcoming Project 814 CD. This bass was also extensively played by ledgendary Nashville
    bassist Roy Vogt.

Specifications:
    Hand Made by Master Luthier Magnus Krempel
    Swamp Ash Body
    German Flamed Maple Neck
    Maple Fingerboard
    Hipshot "through the body" Bridge
    Schaller Machine Heads
    Hot Wire Hand Made J Pickups

The List Price on this is $2022 not including the import taxes and duties paid to bring her into the US (which currently run about $250).

I am selling this excellent bass for only $1690. This doesn't include the case (required for shipping) and shipping costs (generally around $50-$60). :cool:

Click here for details on the HotWire Vintage 5 including more pictures and case options

Also, more information on the Hot Wire line of basses can be found on their website at:
    Hot Wire Bass

Feel free to write with any questions. If I can't answer them, Bert Gerecht, CEO of HotWire will.

2. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    Coooool .... I wish there were many more Hotwires for sale around here. Just today I communicated with Bert. :bassist:

Unfortunately yours isn't the model I'm looking for, but good luck with the sale.

3. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Yeah, Bert's a really cool cat.

BTW - I also have a Flash 5 for sale too, in case that was the one you were looking at. I just haven't gotten around to posting it yet. It's an even better deal. Over $600 off of the list price.

Here's the info on that one if you're interested.HotWire Flash 5
    OR
    HotWire Flash 5 Details

I really love the HotWires. The best basses I've ever played. The new CD will actually have 4 different ones featured on it. ;) I'm thinking about having a Flash 6 made for me in the future.

Take care bro.

JP

4. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    I'd be very interested in hearing that album once it's available.

I noticed you had the other one for sale, but am after something more like the vintage greenburst but with the Big Apple-style electronics rear-routed.

Cheers !

5. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Sounds cool. Bert can build just about anything.

Take it easy

JP

6. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Here is another picture of the Vintage 5
    :bassist:

7. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Recently, I have had a few inquiries regarding shipment overseas. Specifically to Africa.

This bass is only available to potential customers in the US and Canada.

This is due to customs and shipping cost restrictions.

Just wanted to clarify this. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks

JP

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Jon - that Africa thing is a scam- dont even think about it! i know people that got ripped off with that- how have you been?- peace, Adrian

9. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    Hey bro,
    Great to hear from ya. :bassist:

I figured that the Africa thing was a scam. They sent an e-mail that was almost exactly the same as the "diplomat" one floating around a couple months ago.

I've been doing pretty good as of late. Just trying to get this album done and stay sane :rolleyes:

How's things with you out there in "Sin City"? Hope all is well with you.

Talk to ya soon.

JP