1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hound Dog Talyor and The House Rockers

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by CHILDISHGAMBINO, Oct 16, 2006.

1. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    Anybody else dig Hound Dog? I love the sound of this album all warm and fuzzy and loose. I think sometimes the bass lines are being played on a guitar (I read that somewhere once too) but I still really, really like this album.

2. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hound Dog was something else. I believe that the bass lines were played by a second guitarist.

Gimme back my wig!

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    What kind of music did they play?

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Houserockin' Blues!

Hound Dog just used very cheap pawn shop guitars but he got a big sound out of them.

He also had six fingers on each hand.

Now I gotta go see a man about a horse....

5. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    Blues. But faster blues. If you like the Hendrix blues album you'll love Hound Dog.

About the cheapo guitar thing. He re-wired them all crazy. I met I guitar player who followed a schematic for Hound Dog's guitar. He said he had all kinds of pickup options and that it wasn't grounded so if you were messing around and didn't know what you were doing you could possibly get a shock or killed. Crazy.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'll look into them for sure then.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021