Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

House M.D. - what a good show

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Feb 9, 2005.

1. How good a show is this? I love it. Can it possibly get better? I love the central character, Dr. House, and his interplay with his contemporaries, especially his boss. I enjoy his gruff bedside manner, and his sarcasm is refreshingly peppered with intelligence and substance.

Last night's episode was fantastic...the one about the homeless woman. The resolve at the end almost brought me to tears.

Anyone else like this show? Is this a redundant thread?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -apparently it's chock full of medical insanity, but as an IT guy I'd never know if my wife and friends would stop pointing it out.

Yep, I like it too. A wise ass genius with a vicodin addiction = recipe for a great show.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's got nothing on Highway to Heaven.

brad cook

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    sounds just like brendan! only... remove genius and replace vicodin with cocaine.

5. I know, huh? But it's a FOX show... ;) Good fun stuff.

Hell, after American Idol, anything is refreshing. :D

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

Yeah, but he's a party with a beard!

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    House is such an awesome show. I love all his smartass remarks. The needle thin was kinda cool. I get to have that done today for an EMG test.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So he's a bassist? Do you think EMG paid for the product placement or was it a coincidence?

brad cook

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    EMG test. Electromyograph. They are testing for muscle "noise" which can indicate nerve damage, or carpal tunnel syndrome. The get to stick needles into my muscles in my arm.

10. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    My wife loves this show. But, she's an RN and like most medical/science type shows. :)

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's funny...my wife is a physician and she usually can't stand to watch medical related shows because some of things that the pretend doctors do are so outlandish to her.

brad cook

12. Does she ever say "Yes, I am a doctor- but I don't play one on TV."?

She should.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No but she did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

brad cook

14. While drinking Sanka?

15. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    This is why I don't like the show. Dr. House would be unemployed in a week if he tried what he does on the show in real life.

16. The show is cool, and they do a good job of keepin it moving w/ wittty banter between the residents (who remind me of many residents i've met) as well as his fellow (who House berates constantly). Anyway, I agree w/ the above statement-if House pulled any of thos eshenanigans at a real hospital he'd be sue'd a few dozen times and yanked...
    but to keep us on our toes...if you recall from last weeks show his boss put aside 50K in legal fees for House to bail him out of "trouble". As of last week, Houses's legal problems were still underbudget for the year, so he has more insanity left. But come on now.. a tuberculoma -wow is that rare, but i guess it somehow works in the concept of the homeless person

17. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Looks like they just put the whole series on netflix. I watched up until season 5 or so. I hear it kinda petered out towards the end.

18. Holy necro thread 3234718!

I really enjoyed the first few seasons but did lose interest when they broke up the original team.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I thought for sure this thread would have a post from Steph Dawe.

-Mike

20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I was hoping Mon Rominee was back. He was a cool guy.