Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

House of 1000 Corpses, and how much it really just blew goats!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    This movie sucks IMO.
    You know whats coming so its not scary. Just a little bloody.
    Bah... Well its got plenty of half naked chicks. Thats for sure..:D

But yes... this movie sucks.. in a nutshell..

[butthead] I said nut [/butthead]

What did yall think of it?

Hey.. the 7:50 wasn't waisted.. I got to see it with The Katie ;)

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Yesterday I rented THE RING now that's a creepy movie, Rob Zombie sucks as a director (and as a singer) that's just my opinion.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I downloaded it. I said to myself "Self, maybe the fact that every movie critic though it blew might just because they don't 'get' Rob Zombie's asthetic and MO. Maybe they're all just uptight.' Maybe this won't be a bad film."

I tried, I really did, but it blew. I wanted to like it, but it just sucked on so many levels that I couldn't enjoy it. DO NOT waste money on this. THis coming from a fan of Rob Zombie (well, White Zombie and some of his solo stuff).

4. white zombie=good
    rob zombie=meh
    the movie=i want my eight dollars back.

5. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    Personally I liked it... but then again I grew up watching bad b-movies with my dad. I guess it's more of a 70's throwback than it is a "modern horror movie"... It's definately not for everyone, but I'm just twisted enough to like it... Lol I even made a DVD of it...

6. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    EXACTALUTELY DUDE!

Although.. sheri moon is quiet hot.. ;)

I dig white zombie but not alot of Rob's solo stuff... for some reason.

I thought this would be a good movie, but it turned out just to be another "teen Thriller IMO"

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Now, see, I love 50, 60 and 70s horror. One of the reasons I dig Rob/White Zombie (And PM5K). So, I was expecting a really neat tribute/homage to that. Makeing a bad movie does not a homage make. Those were so bad, they were good. 1000 Corpses is just bad. Shame too. Maybe it made more sense in the NC-17 form?

I think the reason it was bounced around distributors was not because it was violent, but because nobody had the heard to say "Hey, Rob, about the flick...it sucks." If some one had told him it was utter crap, maybe this wouldn't happen.

Now, I'm gonna go watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and watch a real horror director (Tobe Hooper) and get my horror fix fixed...

8. i liked it too. i just wished i didn't pay nine fifty to see it. when it comes out on dvd i'm sue it'll be twice as long, with all the stuff he had to cut out to make it viewable by the general public.:p

9. But I want fully naked chicks :(

10. you're obviously sitting in front of a computer with an internet connection...what's the problem?

11. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hahahaha!

well ....not unless his mommy put a blocker on!.. OOO *hiss* hehe

12. I personally thought the movie was awesome. I paid $7.50 to see it and will be paying $15 to take my girlfriend to see it this weekend. No regrets from me.

13. She put a block on the TV. I cant watch 'Adult Films'. But on the computer, Its free game ;)

14. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    yeah..kazaa rules doesn't it? :D

15. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Speaking of the flick, isn't it just a little bit ironic that it's being released here on good friday?:D

16. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    :(

I find it more ironic that the cast consist of B rate ICP clowns, Kid Rock , Elton John, Silent Bob, Tammy Faye Baker, Shakira and Pro Wrestler Kevin Sullivan..

The movie was funny as hell! but it wasn't that great of a movie imo.

"HE STICKS A PENCIL IN HIS EYE!"

I liked the name of that Liquor/adult film store too.. That was just too great! =D