Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

House of 1000 Corpses...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hategear, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Has anyone else tried to watch this piece of garbage? I was so bored, confused and pissed off, I shut the damn thing off before it was over. I don't even care how it ended. What a turd.

2. I think it was a bit weird...

Not as good as the movie Rob tried to copy off of(Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

But it was interesting.

3. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I watched it all the way through at a friend's house. I want my hour and a half of life back, Rob.

Not that I expected anything original from him, but I thought it would be at least watchable.

4. Oh god...th at movie was one of the stupidest things I have ever watched! It was no good except for the beginning, which IMO, was freakin halarious. Other than that, was dumb...I mean come on, some guy skinning some girl's father, wearing his skin and pretending to be him? How much more idiotic could a movie get? I expected better from Rob Zombie...he obviously needs to watch his giant ass horror movie collection a little closer and get the key factors to a good horror movie down. ~ Ty

5. I think what really made it suck is the fact that he had to edit it down to an R rating........is there an unedited version floating around at all?

6. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    No, that's not what made it suck. All the gore in the world couldn't save this one.

7. Just the whole idea of the plot and how it was put together made it horrible! And some of the stuff was just so damned stupid.

8. Like more nudity.

9. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I don't know man, I think that lame-ass movie did have all the damn gore in the world... Comeone, cutting a guy up and putting him back togetther with fish hooks, torchiurng cheerleaders, skinning that girls daad and then making out with her... What the ****??
    I went into the movie thinking there would be a plot. Just kill, suck, kill, suck, crazy ass hot girl, kill, suck, ect... No plot, no story, no nudity, no hot chicks, and a waste of time...

Bullshiat ;) :p

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Good movie, booth the old and the new :)

11. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    That broad with the crazy laugh was Rob's real-life girlfriend (Sheri Moon) and while she was nice to look at, I sure as hell wouldn't be able to listen to that crazy laugh of hers for very long (maybe that's not her real laugh). A classic example of, "You're a very attractive woman, as long as you keep your mouth shut."

Stick to making music and art, Rob, cuz your movie making skills stink.

EDIT: I just read that Rob is set to direct a Corpses sequel. Yet another of my complaints about today's Hollywood.

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Well, if Hollywood isn't careful, they just might make something worth watching.

I am not holding my breath.

Isn't it strange how these bad flicks, that turn out to be "box office losers", get financing for a sequel?

Money to burn? Money laundering? Or, is this what some in Hollywood think of the movie-going public?

13. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    From houseof1000corpses.com: "The original film has grossed over $11 million at the domestic box office in its first month of release and has proven to be an extremely profitable acquisition for LGF."

14. Thats because everyone went to it like the first day it came out thinking it was going to be totally badass. They make most their money in the first day. The rest of the times either people actually liked it, wanted to see it despite their friends telling them it sucked or they just didn't know it totally sucked.

15. This was one of the worst movies ever.....low budget/low quality(if any).
    I made it through a whole twenty minutes before I had finally had enough.
    The kid at Blockbuster recommended it, I won't be taking his advice anymore.
    This rates even with the Killer Tomatos/Killer Clowns from years earlier.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, Killer Klowns from Outer Space is great! And I just saw a super-packed collector's edition of AOT Killer Tomatoes at Suncoast yesterday.

17. Me and my friends sometimes have movie parties where we rent the most retarded movies possible and just make smartass comments the entire time....this is one of those movies, though we haven't seen this one yet. We've watched such great classics as Jason X, Leprechaun In The Hood, and MVP: Most Valuable Primate

18. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Hey, I loved Killer Klowns! At least you have some idea of what you're getting when you rent it. With Corpses, I thought I was going to be getting a scary-as-hell nail-biter...

But I know, klowns aren't for everyone.

;)

19. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    If I remember correctly..Sherri Moon is Zombie's wife. They were in Dallas a year or so ago on some kind of in store appearance and the claim was they were married. Local DJ's interviewed them both and my take is that Rob is a very soft spoken, even sullen guy. He seems, in his interviews at least, to come across as though he would rather be doing something else other than giving an interview. Kinda like he's bored to tears to have to be doing another one. Sherri was cool in the interview and seems to be pretty down to earth. Watching her in 1000 Corpses is totally different than the way she appears and acts in real life (thank God).
    I rented the movie to watch simply because I am a huge fan of Zombie's....I was utterly dissapointed. Terrible movie...very laughable. Sherri's movie laugh made me cringe and the the only good part of the movie was the menu segment that has the clown acting stupid.
    Do I think Rob has a career as a movie director....ummmm.........NO.
    Will I continue to be a music fan and see him live....you bet I will. I have seen lots of shows and Zombie puts on one of the most energetic shows I can remember.:bassist:

20. I agree, that was a great movie (but I also like "Amazon Women on the Moon" and "Hamburger, the motion picture"). B and C comedies (even if they didn't intend to be one) are great fun. :D

Edit: I meant to mention the soundtrack for Killer Klowns is pretty cool original stuff by The Dickies. Not my usual fare, but well done and enjoyable.