How about a good 35 lbs. amps for your small gig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chalie, May 7, 2005.

1. Hi there,

I am looking for a good compact-size bass combo amplify that suppose to be light and able to beat with the drummer on a small gig.

I tried many of them this compact-size but neither found its way to beat the drummer except the used old Warwick Cube 100 that I tried. It amazed me with it's 10" woofer, not deep but very tight.

What will be your choice for this.

Thank You
  2. gallien-krueger 1001rb-II

700+50 watts

18 pounds

2U space

600 bucks at
  3. When you say 'amp', some might think you mean just the head, but for a combo, a Hartke Kickback 10 or 12 is fairly loud. The 15" model may be heavier than 35 lbs, though. Fender's Bassman 100 looks nice(100 watts, 10" speaker, 24 lbs).
  4. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    My latest has been a Schroeder Mini 12" cabinet (weighs in a 28 lbs) and an Acoustic Image Focus (adding another 4). Grand total = 32 lbs. It is plenty loud to compete with a drummer. However, for the large gigs I have my big daddy, the Schroeder 310212.

Together, the mini 12/Focus rig isn't cheap. The focus will run you around $1100 new (also consider the AI Clarus, it's about the same size and weight but costs a whole lot less. It still has plenty of power). The Mini 12" goes for $400.

That's my mini-rig and it works quite well.
  5. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    You're sort of asking the impossible IMO. I think your best bet is to make it small and modular, such as a Stewart World 1.2 and a Sansamp Bass Driver DI into a Bergantino or Epifani 1x12 cabinet.
  6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    The SBDDI will drive a Stewart World 1.2? Interesting....
  7. Isn't there a new version of the sansamp pedal that fixes the low output problem?
  8. Yes, the Sansamp. We don't have much choice here, Bangkok but we do have one Sansamp but it is a kick-back model which I have not try. I wonder if I use the kick back for gig, what will it be like. dull??
  9. Do you have any idea about the Ibanez SW 65.
    Is that a good combo? :hyper: