Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How about a Sadowsky Hollowbody bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KPO2000, Sep 22, 2005.

1. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Not trying to start a rumor here, but I really want one....Has this been discussed before?...Just curious among you fellow-Sadowsky fans...how many of you would chunk down say $3-7K for one? (Who knows? Just made up the pricing, but assuming that premium wood offerings could drive the price up.) I'd love it loosely based on the Ric 4005 (long body, smoth lines.)

34" scale, bound neck. Dual Sadowsky pick-ups or Dark Stars with Sadowsky preamp? Who else is interested?

[​IMG]

Ken

2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I would go for something like that. How about basing it on the Fender Coronado II
    [​IMG]

3. beadgc

beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I love the Rick 4005 design. I wish they still made it (what's with them, anyway? I've always loved the look of the 4004, and I might buy one if I ever actually either saw one --especially a fretless --for sale. They must make like a dozen a year.)

If Sadowsky made something like that, count me in. He would no doubt offer it without the pickguard (the only part of the Rick design I dislike). The other improvement I'd suggest is that someone make a hollowbody with the pickups in normal positions (either like a jazz or closer to the bridge like the Sad 24/MTD/etc). I've always thought putting the second pickup right at the end of the fretboard was a mistake, and was surprised to see Lakland do it with their hollowbody (which is nevertheless the nicest one on the market, IMO)

I owned a Coronado when the were new, and am not nuts about the design. Over the years, it just seems uglier and uglier to me. Plus, it seems to me that any bass with a 34" scale and a short-horn double cutaway design is going to balance really badly on a strap, but people still keep making them and buying them. Go figure.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am a Big Hollow Body fan and a Huge Sadowsky Enthusiast so that would be a match made in Heaven for me :hyper: :bassist:

5. Does a chambered Alder count??? :confused: :eek: :D

Peace,

T

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Well its getting their ;) :p Those Chambered Bodys are awesome. :bassist: