1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How about an Epi Grabber bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gnosticbass, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    Was looking at the Gibson reissue of the grabber and thought why doesn't Epiphone come out with their own version of the Grabber for those of us that can't lay out 1700 bucks for a Gibson. What does the rest of the forum think?

2. Serek_Basses

Serek_Basses Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    agreed, but they would have to give in the triangle headstock, the one with rounded edges, not the sharp ones like on the gibson reissue.

3. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    I agree with you. The rounded edges on the headstock for sure.

4. They had a ripper that sucked and shared almost no comparision to a gibson one.

P_Ripper-NA.

5. Would be pretty cool, yeah. Im thinking of buying a Warmoth Flying V bass neck to use on my Epiphone Ripper, always prefered the look of the Grabber over the Ripper.
    Thing is....the neck will be more expensive then the bass i'm putting it on :p

6. Yeah, that would be mine :p It isn't all That bad, it's my first bass and when i went to play it it felt, sounded and played easier then any of the Squiers and other "cheap" basses there. It was also +/- 100 euro's cheaper. It just has some weight/balance issues..other then that, it's great. Epiphone knows how to make good bass guitars i guess, they just need to price them right.

7. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    I've only ever played Fender or Leo Fender designed basses (G&L, EBMM) and have little to no playing experience with Gibson designed basses that said I do like the different sound they have and like the feel of some of the necks. I look at the Grabber and its various offshoots as a Fender like alterative as opposed to the Thunderbird or SG/EBO basses and wouldnt mind having an Epi version in my lineup. Who knows if Epi did come up with another Grabber like bass maybe I would like it some much as to want to lay out the $$ for a Gibson.

8. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Lets see here...
    The Epi would list for around 700-800$, considering it's a reissue, right?

I've seen many Gibson Grabbers for around the 800$ mark. I'd save the extra 200$ it might cost and get a USA made, better quality and vintage bass.