1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How about Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Jan 12, 2002.

1. i was looking, and maybe harkte could do me some justice, the price isnt tooooooo bad, not what id like, but i can do it, would a 2.5XL and 1-15XL be loud? its gonna be run with a hartke 4000 or 5000, i have a 3000 now but im upgrading, does that set up seem like it'll handle?

2. I used to use a combination of the Hartke 2x10XL and the 1 x15 Transporter, and was very happy with the sound I got. (This was using a Pearce head - now discontinued) It was also easy to carry.

I eventually blew the 1 x 15, but that was my fault for asking too much of it - adding distortion when it was turned up loud, and it wasn't rated to handle the full power of the amp anyway!

I now have an EDEN 4 x10 which is rated correctly for my amp and to me sounds far better (Boy do I love this cab! :) ), but .....it's a lot heavier, cost a whole lot more, and the Hartke's served me well for about 6 years, so I have no complaints!

Just make sure the cabs can handle what the amp delivers!