Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How about Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Jan 12, 2002.

1. i was looking, and maybe harkte could do me some justice, the price isnt tooooooo bad, not what id like, but i can do it, would a 2.5XL and 1-15XL be loud? its gonna be run with a hartke 4000 or 5000, i have a 3000 now but im upgrading, does that set up seem like it'll handle?

2. I used to use a combination of the Hartke 2x10XL and the 1 x15 Transporter, and was very happy with the sound I got. (This was using a Pearce head - now discontinued) It was also easy to carry.

I eventually blew the 1 x 15, but that was my fault for asking too much of it - adding distortion when it was turned up loud, and it wasn't rated to handle the full power of the amp anyway!

I now have an EDEN 4 x10 which is rated correctly for my amp and to me sounds far better (Boy do I love this cab! :) ), but .....it's a lot heavier, cost a whole lot more, and the Hartke's served me well for about 6 years, so I have no complaints!

Just make sure the cabs can handle what the amp delivers!