How about Metroid Prime?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skerik1, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    How 'bout it, eh? It's a great game. Hooray for Metroid Prime! The best game ever! Yay!!

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Yeah it was good...
  3. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Metroid Prime is a great addition to an already fabulous series. I think after beating every Metroid game there is though they seem to get easier. Maybe I'm just getting older or just better at finding the secrets but they just seem to get easier and take less time then the originals.

I have Fusion too so I can hook em up and play some classic Metroid now because my old Nintendo has been not functioning for some time now. I'm glad Retro studios didn't mess up the series.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It's games like that which make me regret buying my PS2 instead of the GC. Ah well, such is life.

Super Metroid is one of the most badass games ever. When you're talking about CLASSICS, that's definitely one.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Best. Game. Ever.

Fusion is great too
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yeh, I love that game, I haven't completed it yet. I think I have to find 5 more artifacts. I think I have to go play it now. LOL.
  7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Prime is cool and all, but if you get your items out of sequence, you have to do tons and tons of backtracking.

When my brother and I played, we must have spent upwards of four hours just backtracking to get items we had accidentally skipped over (missle upgrades to beams, etc.).

Fusion was good, but I was kinda disappointed. I wasn't too thrilled at the kinda cliche "space station that happens to have six different environments compartmentalized at the bottom" design. I like the more open and expansive environments. Basically, I probably would have liked a Super Metroid hack better.
  8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

The story of Fusion was more lifted out of the alien movies than any of the other games put together. Kind of strange really that it was so blatant...

As far as backtracking in MP goes, I pretty much never had to do it. Didn't use any guides either...
  9. Ghosta

Jan 18, 2003
    I have yet to finish MP. It is one heck of a hard game, but i still love it. I havent played it in awhile, but this thread makes me want to go play it :)