Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How about Peavey Cirrus?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by suturtrad, May 27, 2002.

1. suturtrad

suturtrad

Apr 25, 2002
    I´m very close to buy a Peavey Cirrus (Wenge) 4-string is it a good buy. Or should I reflect over any other brand? The price is about $ 900 and it´s brand new.
    Thankful for any commentary about the subject.
    All the best

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's a good price, on a great bass. You could get a used one for less, but new, that's a good deal IME.

Do a search on Cirrus. I think that you will find that most people here like them. I love my tigereye Cirrus 6!

3. I bought my 4str rosewood Cirrus in december 2001 and this is one of the best instruments I've played in its price range. I've had it for over half a year and I changed the strings for the first time last week (over six months later!!!).
    It sounds great, is extremely versatile, really easy to play, beautiful, sounds great, comfortable and not heavy at all... and it sounds great!
    You can tune in any sound you want with the three band EQ.
    In my opinion you can't be anything but happy with this bass.
    GO FOR IT!

You can find some good reviews on <A HREF ="http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Peavey/">Harmony Central</A> and here on <A HREF="http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/reviewindex.php">TalkBass.</A>

Good look!

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I doubt you'll find a new bass of better quality for that money. The Cirrus is a very special instrument, in a good way. My bubinga/walnut Cirrus has a deep, modern tone with tight lows and low mids, and a very "airy" treble, bright but not harsh. I think the wenge model's tone wouldn't be too far from it. No Fender- or Musicman-style grunt, but more "refined". If you're not a strict traditionalist when it comes to tone, I'd say buy it or you'll kick yourself later.

5. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I would go for it, especially since Peavey is no longer making the wenge model due to the availability of that paticular wood.

6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    BUY IT!:D BUY IT!:D BUY IT!:D

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, I would go for it. For that kind of dough, you can't go wrong.