1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How about rollerskaters? Any other rollerskaters out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by macaroni tony, May 10, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

So I've been seeing the "skaters" thread here in the OT forums, and it got me to wondering, any rollerskatin' bassists here on TB?

I've been an avid rollerskater for about 11 years. Nothin like it, great fun. Anyone else?

2. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    rap_roller.

3. LMAO!!!! I saw that on Tosh.O a little while back. Dear God, no, that's not what I mean tho

4. Geez Larry, I saw that I got a response and I was like "yeah!!! A fellow roller"

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I hung my skates up sometime in the 80's. Do they still play Disco Duck regularly at the roller rink?

7. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    This was the jam man!

8. ^ LOL Yeah,my brother still cracks up everytime I bust out that bass past.

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah. Eric Perry started out on roller skates. Now look at him go.

ericgay-parade-20.

10. ^ Wow,he's really lost weight with all that skating!

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    He's since gained it back though.
    ericasuperfattie-1.

12. The last time I roller skated I had a near-fatal collision with a sharp metal spike that would have impaled several pieces of my anatomy that I would like I keep attached to my person. The incident shook me up very badly and i haven't been out since...that and my rollerblades no longer fit.

13. srs answer:

I don't own any myself... but due to the rising popularity in local roller-derby and it's upstart league(s), roller skating, in general, is becoming more popular.

Much love to our local team, 'The Mason Dixon Roller Vixens'!

14. What is the song??? I can't get youtube here at work

15. Never heard of Disco Duck. Must have been before my time.

There's a huge subculture of people who still go to the skating rinks regularly. It's kinda like us Fishbone fans. People don't really know that we're there, but we're there...

16. It was Disco Duck.You didn't miss anything.....

FIIIIIIIIIISHBONE!!!!! I hope you got to see the original line-up Tony.They just killed live in the 80`s and early 90`s.

17. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Ah yes! Love me some Fishbone! I'm eagerly anticipating Phil's new project with A.N.M. That's going to be badass!

18. Whoa! Thanks for the heads up on this.Will be checking it out for sure,Phil is a monster drummer. :bassist:

19. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Jimi Hazel, dUg Pinnick, Rick Skatore...... It's going to ROCK!!!

20. ^ Yessir,I'm jammin' on the Myspace page right now.