Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how about the most underrated band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Oceans, Mar 5, 2001.

1. Oceans

Oceans

Jan 19, 2001
    I was reading the thread about "the most overrated band" and I think that Korn, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Blink182, and U2 are very, very overrated..but how about the most underated bands?..there´s a lot of great bands out there than doesn´t have the fame or the fans they deserve... rigth now I can remenber Mudhoney....

2. Joe R

Joe R

Nov 4, 2000
    Wenatchee WA. USA
    Any band that stays true to their music and doesnt change with the mainstream, Like Pantera!

3. Harpo

Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    Gov't Mule Allen Woody RIP

4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
  5. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
  6. i guess it depends.

overall i think the best underrated band is Staind.

i think the best underrated band by rock/punk fans is blink 182. they hear "all the small things" and then they hate them. IMO blink 182's "dude ranch" and "cheshire cat" are awesome cds. some of the best i own.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    To me...Laura Love. She plays absolutly beautifull afro-celtic music, and plays bass to boot. She rocks, but I've only known one other person who knows about her.

And Also, Slipknot and Mudvayne. I think people brush them off as a fad, new wave crapola acts without sitting down and actually giving them a shot. Slipknot is super complex with nine layers of music, and Mudvayne is just superb witha great bass player, but again, people think they're too gimmiky to be a real band with real talent. I think both are really good, both musically and lyrically (even though they're out there a bit).

But thats just me.

8. Many local bands that don't get to make it to the big time.

9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I believe that almost all bands that I listen to (except for Iron Maiden,old Metallica and a few more) are underrated...too many to mention here,here are just a few names:
    Savatage
    Nevermore
    Sanctuary
    Psychotic Waltz
    Dream Theater
    Fortress Under Siege
    Skyclad
    Swan Christy
    Shadow Gallery
    Lordbane
    Royal Hunt
    Fates Warning
    Emerald (GR)
    Breaking Silence
    Sarissa
    Mystery
    Spitfire
    Angizia

10. Not really. Most people who listen to them (musicians) appreciate their skills. If anything, they're overrated. =)

11. cschenk78

cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    The Dead's musicianship was very underrated. They really had something special going on there and not a lot of people gave them credit, mostly because of their fans...

12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think that <a href="http://www.theoremnyc.cjb.net"><font color=blue>THEOREM</font></a> is really underratted, especially the bassist, he's AWESOME!!! ;)

13. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I'm looking at No Doubt as the most underrated: they get exactly 0 coverage around here!

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hehe... excellent... yet another thread to mention my favorite band:

Sunny Day Real Estate

15. It's actually 8, I don't think a studio mixer who just happened to bring their friend so they made him a member of the band actually makes any music.

But, for most underrated band, pretty well all unsigned bands. But for signed bands, i'd have to say Static-X.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Static X seem to be kinda limited in my experince (have the album) They're ok, but I don't think they have what it takes to be really big. They have meat cleavers for hooks, but I think they work best with other people, or doing covers (I.E. Crash, Burning Inside, and the Black Sabbath cover Behind the Walls of Sleep). I dig Wanye Static's hair, and When he gets down, he can actually sing (December, Crash)...

17. heres my picks
    flecktones
    morphine
    club d'elf
    all the great jam bands out there

18. Moonraker

Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Fishbone
    Sade
    Massive attack
    The Roots

Loads of bands and bass players are underated

19. backtoschool

backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    Most of the underrated bands I can think of just haven't had the time to pay their dues and work through the system to make it big.

time will tell