Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how about this chain?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Mar 4, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    im trying to set up my effect board.

this is what i got for now, help me order the pedals correctly and advice me in what in doing incorrtly

Bass--> looper--> EQ1-->EQ2-->AMP
    I
    I-->Boss DD6 delay-->Boss Flanger-->other

the EQ`s are both BOSS 7 band eq, one with a mid boost and the other with a V type shape for picking.

the looper may be a aramat simple loop, or maybe a BOSS LS-2 and ill do somethiong about the 2nd loop, maybe a tuner. but i readed that the LS-2 really destroys your tone and iits not treu bypass.

the OTHER pedal may be a BOSS PW-10 which is a wha wha and has the wha "voice" effect, and also a vibrato kind of effect. or may also be a ibanez synth, ill be using a los the HOLD function on the delay, and start tweeking knobs, so i want something that can gve me psycodelic weird effects.

i also have a BOSS limiter/enhencer pedal, but i dont know if i have to put it in the begining of the chain to give the effects a more stable siganl, or to put it at the end to adjust any big dinamycs change i can make with the delay.

im using a fender 77 jazz bass and a SWR/yamaha RIG.

what would you recomend me to do here? i already have the 2 EQs, the limiter/enhencer, the flanger and the PW-10

i also have a KORG AX1B which is great, but i dont know if ill be needing it here. and a sansamp bass driver, which i dig the tone, and i can maybe replace the V shaped EQ with it.....

2. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    the DD6 delay-->Boss Flanger-->other goes in the effect loop of the looper.