1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How about this for "personalization"!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fender32, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you (drum roll) ... The amazing "JOE" bass :eek: ....

JOEbass.

:smug:

According to the ebay listing (link), this guy can build you a custom guitar or bass, which spells out your name using these hand carved, ash blocks. Great gimmick, eh :)?

I quite fancy one that simply says, "FUNK", or maybe "MoFo" :D. What do you think?

2. What if you have a really, really long name? :p

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I imagine even getting "Chris" would be tricky!

4. danomar

danomar

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta
    Zween!

5. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :meh: I dunno. "C" would be a good shaped letter for the bottom curve of the body and the top half of the "S" would make the perfect "upper horn". Only problem I can see would be access to the upper frets - the bottom half of the "S" curves the wrong way.

Nope, there's nothing else for it mate, you'll have to change your name to "CHRISSIE" :D.

Anyway, you wouldn't be seen dead playing this would you (not enough graphite for you ;)). You might like this one though, Chris (link).

6. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    You just get better sustain, I suppose :smug:.

7. Rumplestiltskin Liebowitz-Hennegan III. On a 19 string EERB.*

*Extremely Extended Range Bass. :ninja:

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well, I've sold the Stealth bass...this is my bass now!

[​IMG]

9. You get a really long scale. It might look better if they used some realy nice woods and not that metalic paint :eyebrow:

10. "dorkiest bass ever"

...this is what happens when non-creative people, try to be creative.

11. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Ben should be doable...:ninja:

12. You mean like,
    Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

13. My first name is Zebulon. I should see if he can make me a bass.

14. First thing I thought of was the creature from the film Galaxy Quest:

[​IMG]

15. debassr

debassr

Jan 23, 2008
    Boston
    That thing looks like a turkey trying to mate with a pig over a giant fried egg.

16. RBrownBass

RBrownBass Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    I think it looks like it'll turn white if you leave it outdoors over a few weeks...

17. I want one that says 'Bad Ass Mother****er'.

18. How about one that says:

FAIL====>>

19. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :D How many basses can you say that about (with the possible exception of the MM Bongo :bag:)?

;)

20. StarscreamG1

StarscreamG1

Dec 17, 2007
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!