Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how acurate is the line 6 pod?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thelastofus, Nov 19, 2002.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    i was playing my friends the other day and really liked how some of it sounded and i was contemplating using it as a gig amp. do the tones on the pod sound really close to the actually amps or are they just similar? i've never heard a 70's svt but i was wondering if that sounds close enough to it. just curious on which amps sound more like the real ones or anything like that and any input some owners have. thanks

2. How close it sounds is a rather hard thing to determine. If you set it on a SVT sound into a power amp into a SVT 8-10 it probably sounds pretty similar. When I set Mine on SVT through my power amp section of my hartke HA-7000 and have it biamped into my 2 Mesa 1x15 and my GEnz Benz 2-10 it sounds nothing like a SVT IMHO but it still has a grerat sound. I use my Pod as a preamp and get alot of great tones out of it.. Now I just need to go in and program them so I can use my floor bboard to access them.

3. I've got the pod pro. Right now I'm playing it through a Carvin Dpt 1000 into a SWR Triad. Of the amp models listed on the pod, I've only had extensive experience with the Fender Bassman (silver panel) and the Accustic 360 (amp 360) Those 2 remind me of those amps when I use them with my stuff. The (silver panel) has that spongy tubish feel that will break up just a little when you dig in. The (amp 360) has that big punchy sound of an old 360. It is probably a lot like keyboards today. My Alesis 6.1 sounds like a Hammond B-3 until you hear a B-3 and then (well you know) For the pod to be accurate though I think you need a full range speaker like the Triad or Acme B-4 or something like that. I used it for a while with a Hartke 4.5 and I like it much better with the Triad. There are a lot of these things for sales used, you might get a good deal on one.

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I have been using the POD Pro for a couple of years. Based on the models that I have some experience with, I find it pretty accurate.

I use it DI into the house with no amp at all as well as with a power amp and cabs. I am happy with either set up.

Chas

5. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I have mine since 2 days, i don't know if it's accurate but it sounds GREAT, lot of tone and lot of effects....

6. cjlbass

cjlbass

Nov 15, 2002
    As far as the bass POD goes it sounds great, its not 100% accurate, but its close enough for most situations. The trick is that it models a head and a cab, so if you are running it through your head and cab it will not be that accurate, through a PA system its very good, of if you have it as the preamp of a rig with a poweramp, and cab like an EA VL210 you should be pretty pleased with what you get, and you may be surprised how close it is on some of the more well known ones especially.