How are BaseLine Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by CSB, Feb 25, 2006.

1. CSB

Feb 23, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    This came on the new Fender Jazz Bass I just bought (MIK). I am an amature player that would like some input on the BassLine ative pickups. The Tone is good to me...I just want to find out how the pickup standup :smug:
  2. They'll probably last a long time, if I interpret what you mean by "standup" to mean how durable they are.
  3. CSB

Feb 23, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    I mean on a scale of 1 to 10, how is the sound and quality compared to other pickups? 10 being better than 1?
  4. stew

Feb 9, 2004
    I have ajj on my mjazz and a jretro reamp. It rock's it sounds great. Duncan pickup I are a 10 in my eyes.
  5. bassksun

bassksun Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Las Vegas,NV
    Each of my basses has SD Bassline pups. J and/or P. They suit my musical tastes, Jazz and Blues, just fine.

6. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    I own 4 basses, and I have installed Duncan Basslines pickups on all 4 of them. Yeah, I like the sound...:D
  7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The passive pickups are as good as anything else out there, and have their own sound. Not sure about the actives, but I'm sure they are quite good.

I've used "vintage J" and "Hot P-bass", and loved both.
  8. CSB

Feb 23, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Thanks all...For the feedback. It helps a lot. I have some crappy battery that came in my bass running the active pickups...Does that matter, should I just let it run out?:confused:
  9. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    You'll hit a point with the batteries where things just become distorted and weak.

That may be the signal for a change...
  10. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    yeah, i played the newer jazz bass 24 that had the bassline pups, and well, i am not exagerating, it was one of the best sounding basses i have ever heard. not to mention it played like a dream.
  11. CSB

Feb 23, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Yes ScubaSteve..The bass has really good tone. I am enjoying making my windows rattle.
  12. Which particular model of Basslines does the J24 have in it.... QP's?