Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How are SWR amps these days, two years after the FMIC acquisition?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Jacobs, May 11, 2004.

1. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    I've got one of the old Workingman's models and I need something more powerful. Are the newer SWRs made well? I'm considering a Super Redhead. Thanks

2. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Haven't heard about any problems. I was able to get a heat sensor for my SM-400S from Fender. More recently, I got quick and helpful responses from Bryan Beller, the SWR marketing manager, and from a Fender customer service rep who emailed me PDF files of the schematics and servicing procedures for that amp (no problem with the amp...wanted to look into a mod that offered at one time for the DI).

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    It's just about one year now, not two, since the FMIC takeover of Fender.

Tornadobass, you're lucky. I know a guy who is still waiting for parts for his SWR350 head...about 6 months later! Still, I'm hearing good things about SWR and the way Bryan Bellar has been handling customer service issues, so I would still reccommend SWR.

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've been waiting 8 months for the tilt back handle for my old SWR Goliath Sr. I ordered it through local store and it still never came in.