How are SWR amps these days, two years after the FMIC acquisition?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mark Jacobs, May 11, 2004.

1. Mark Jacobs

Mark Jacobs

Dec 16, 2000
    I've got one of the old Workingman's models and I need something more powerful. Are the newer SWRs made well? I'm considering a Super Redhead. Thanks
  2. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Haven't heard about any problems. I was able to get a heat sensor for my SM-400S from Fender. More recently, I got quick and helpful responses from Bryan Beller, the SWR marketing manager, and from a Fender customer service rep who emailed me PDF files of the schematics and servicing procedures for that amp (no problem with the amp...wanted to look into a mod that offered at one time for the DI).
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    It's just about one year now, not two, since the FMIC takeover of Fender.

Tornadobass, you're lucky. I know a guy who is still waiting for parts for his SWR350 head...about 6 months later! Still, I'm hearing good things about SWR and the way Bryan Bellar has been handling customer service issues, so I would still reccommend SWR.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've been waiting 8 months for the tilt back handle for my old SWR Goliath Sr. I ordered it through local store and it still never came in.