1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How are the German Made Corvette Standards?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ToadWarrior, Mar 23, 2013.

1. I've seen a few of these on the used market for around the $800 are these generally pretty decent basses? I have enough "vintage" sounding basses, but I've been considering getting a more "modern" and versatile bass, and I thought one of these might fit the bill.

2. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Only thing to carefully check out: the overall state of maintenance... Materials are first quality but they usually come "satin/open pore/oil" finished so a bit fragile if not cared at by the former owner.

Honest price, but must say they tend to depreciate fast, so you can happen to find some of them even cheaper than that

Cheers,
    Wallace

3. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    I picked my std up for $400. And it is my go to bass. The body is a bit beat up but the sounds is great, fits most everything I do. They are great basses

4. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    I've got the Standard 5 in nirvana black. Passive, no preamp. Its not as growley as some of the others I played but still has a really good tone and plays great. and Ive seen the price lower but haven't been looking in a while.