how are the Hartke 210Tp and 410Tp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srbguitar, Jul 22, 2002.

1. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    i'm saveing my money and try do get a 2x15, 2x10 and a 4x10 from hartke but i want it sound good when bi-amped and still not be to expensive, although i'm willing to save as long as i need.
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The TP series is known for its lower quality, especially in the low frequency ranges.

Most people would tell you not to get them, but I suppose if you are going to bi-amp with a Hartke 2-15" cab, it should be ok to use these.

On the other hand, if you plan on playing with out these cabs, I would definetly recommend getting either of the XL series cabs. It makes more sense to get the 4.5XL and 2.5XL either way because of their tweeter and higher frequency response.

3. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i have a 2.5xl and a 4.5xl, both of which are very nice. i wasn't very impressed with the tp series. take the time to save up the extra cash, imo you'll be better off...
  4. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    thats what i was thinking about doing but i wasn't sure, if it was worth the extra $100-200 i think it is. but after reading about som people haveing transporter sieries cabs vibrate apart i think i'll go with 2.5 and 4.5 xl they seem to be a better deal.
  5. Hi:
    same here. i would save up for the XL series. The TP series is hartkes lower end product. The cabinent are lighter woods, the speakers contain smaller magnets, and the whole cab handle less wattage.
    It would be okay for a practive room, but if you want to gig w/ it, your money is better spent on an Xl. Check out Ebay there is an active hartke section.
    My faves are the 4.5Xl (prolly one of the best sounds 4X10 cabs-okay my opinion). I have tested the newer 2100/2200 pro series; nice cabs as well, but a little unique(the sound dispersion is off axis and they have horns instead of tweeters), and were bigger than i thought they should be. But they had that classic hartke sound