Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How as your lucky friday the 13th then?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Jun 13, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I say 'lucky' because that's what I'm hoping; I took 2 A level Law exams and an A level media exam today so hopefully I did ok in them!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's a beautiful day, the sun is shining, the clouds are parting, great change from all this overcast BS we've been having.

I'm such a spoiled californian :p

Other than that, I'm clean, about to go eat, my bass is sounding good, things are good.

p.s. I don't believe in superstitions like this :p

3. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    I had frito pie for lunch. That's pretty lucky.

4. June,Friday the 13th is the actual exact date the movie took place in,except for the year...but it was June 13...

I think its cool.

Friday the 13th movies rule.

Oddly enough,mine is going pretty well...I got 43/46 in part of my Biology Final Exam:D

-:oops:

5. + Megan gave me a Dollar in "Fitness" class so I could buy a Dr.Pepper:)

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm gonna go see the drop kick murphies... so that is all good.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    13 was always my favorite number, being born on the 13th, and Friday the 13ths were always great, especially because USA usually plays a bunch of Friday the 13th movies on those days (and I love those movies). Anyone know if there are any FT13th marathons on tonight? And for those who really know their bad movie trivia, tomorrow is Saturday the 14th.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cashed a commision check, bought a Subway sub. Then busted my behind working on my new "old" house.

A decent day.

9. Full moon tonight too...

Anyway, if we've learned one thing from Ren and Stimpy, its that the REAL bad luck day is Tuesday the 17th.

10. My day was pretty good.

Didn't really do anything, but nothing went wrong, so hey. :cool:

My mums day OTOH..... from the bus not turning up this morning (apparently the driver got lost) to the computer system at her work crashing.... I think she got all the bad luck today.

11. well...I was suppose to goto the Stupid mall w/ these chicks...but....aww screw it.:rolleyes:

:oops:

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Couldn't reach my mate even if he promised he'd make it to city after his Nokia workers summerfest thingie. So apparently Friday the 13th brought bad luck. But, I was able to see YUP, one of the finer rock bands in Finland so I guess it went even.

13. Yes Friday the 13th. A full moon.

Gf and I's 2 year anniversary, bought her flowers. ;) She's going to buy a bass so we did some shopping for one. It was all good.

:D:D

Merls

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Animal Control showed up tonight to tell me theyve gotten complaints about my dogs.

Unlucky.

15. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Yesterday I had a great Friday the 13th. I graduated high school.:D

16. My sister wrecked my moms minivan.

17. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I was in a car accident last month ( ran into the back of a suv). Well friday HIS insurance company contacted me and told me they were investigating a fraud case. It appeares this guy who is sueing me had someone in the suv (that never got out)is sueing both of us. People this guy had only a bent bumper! no other damage. My front bumper went under his (because his was high) and knocked out my rt headlamp, bent my hood,fender and is costing me 3300.00 bucks! Turns out these two guy's are claiming really bad injuries and his insurance company is investigating a staged accident. This butthole stopped 4 times in front of me for no reason before I hit hit going all of 2 miles an hour! His company went to the body shop where my car is and was told by the owner this was just cosmetic damage. They have yet to see HIS explorer. The investigator told me if they see his car and it is what I say then they will not only drop him but notify his lawyers that they dropped him and it is a fraud case. They also told me they would pay my insurance company the money they spent to fix my car and ask to drop the accident from my record. Also I might add when he left he pulled of like he was late for work but I guess the next day they both had life theatning injuries.

My friday the 13th :D

18. My Friday the 13th sucked. First off, my friend and I woke up around 9:30 to go bowling (we go everyday). I freakin' bowled a 97! That was the worst game I've bowled in a year. After that I got sunburned really bad soundchecking for an outdoor Battle of the Bands we had that evening. So around 8:30, when we were playing, I messed up all my solos and felt really bad afterwards. For some reason our band got a pretty good reception, but only because our singer is crazy. Totally weak.

19. My friday was average, but a family friend got in a really bad motocycle crash (he's a motorcycle cop) and last I heard he was in critical condition and losing a LOT of blood (4 units, the body only has 6!).

20. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    My friday the 13th was not a bad day at all. The qweather was good, nice and rainy, ate soem good f'n mexican food. Oh yeah, got a car too. 1991 Lincoln Towncar Signature series, all black, black leather interior, black carraige top, air ride suspension, cd player with a pretty decent amp. I will post a thread when i find me digicam. :cool: :D